Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

iPhone photography apps

Camera equipment and technique for taking photos.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum to try and sell your photos or promote a commercial website. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.

iPhone photography apps

Postby PaliKona » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:39 pm

I just got an iPhone...what are some of the cool photo apps you all use? I noticed some with a cool worms eye shot, which app is that?

Re: iPhone photography apps

Postby USAKeller » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:13 pm

Instagram, PixIromatic, & Pro HDR
How long after arriving at someone's house is it appropriate to ask for the WiFi password?

Postby wildlobo71 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:27 pm

USAKeller wrote:Instagram, PixIromatic, & Pro HDR

+ + + on all those, I also like ColorSplash and PicFrame. Hipstamatic is cool, but each style of developing outside the standard 3 are $0.99 each - they still have some really cool styles.
Bill W.
Yes, I have my Scotch.

Postby Brent D » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:46 pm

Definitely Snapseed, great photo editing app, just went free a week or so ago. I paid $5 for it last year, still worth it!

Also, Photosynth, free panorama app, lots of fun.

Postby ClimbStewart » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:39 am

Lots of great free iPhone apps but a lot of them are novelties. The ones I use the most are PhotoShop Express, Camera Flash, Squareready, Vintage Cam, and occasionally Pic Grunger and My Sketch. There are some other interesting apps, including Vintage Cam, B&W Cam, and Nightcap. Some folks like Muzy for collages but I don't use it much. If you sign up for Instagram, there are some cool editing tools in there too including filters for all kinds of wild effects.

Postby USAKeller » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:42 am

ClimbStewart wrote:If you sign up for Instagram, there are some cool editing tools in there too including filters for all kinds of wild effects.

Yes, and Instagram has another app called InstaPicFrame that's also really cool for collages. And 360 Panorama is a decent pano App too.
How long after arriving at someone's house is it appropriate to ask for the WiFi password?

Postby colokeith » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:10 am

instagram is the devil :twisted: :D I have nothing against it as a platform. I just hate the way everyone is over processing their photos with filters. It isn't really "artistic expression" if you are just clicking a button.

I use iphoto and photoshop express they are nice for fixing shadows / color in pics.

The built in pano mode in ios6 is pretty awesome.
To climb is to push yourself in a way you might not normally imagine is possible. If your stamina, skill, and luck are sound you will get to stand on top. ... I realized that with climbing, I'd found something that nourished my soul and could forge me into a better version myself - Jim Davidson

Postby PaliKona » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:15 pm

Great, thanks all. It'll be fun to play with all these.
USAKeller, I've seen some great fish eye shots you've taken...what's that app if you don't mind my asking?

Postby USAKeller » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:52 am

PaliKona wrote:USAKeller, I've seen some great fish eye shots you've taken...what's that app if you don't mind my asking?

I don't mind, and those shots are taken by a Sony NEX camera and fish-eye lens! I explored, but the mobile fish-eye apps don't even come close to producing that effect. :wink:

Postby PaliKona » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:15 pm

Did you try fisheye pro (99 cent app)?
The sample images look decent...agree the others don't
look good. Your images are awesome.

Postby rollin » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:11 pm

Photosynth for easy panoramic pics. It is a free app.

Postby PaliKona » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:29 pm

Is it better than the pano that comes with the standard iPhone cam?

Next