Kimo Represents at Smithsonian

Camera equipment and technique for taking photos.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
MtnHub
14ers: 28 
13ers: 23
Trip Reports (50)

Re: Kimo Represents at Smithsonian

Post by MtnHub »

I'm not surprised at all. But that kind of recognition is to be commended! Super job, Kimo!! :-D
Mindy
14ers: 14 
13ers: 25 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Mindy »

Well that just brought a big smile. :). Fantastic. Keep going. You have it in you. I'm sure some acknowledgment should go to Anna as well.

Cheers.
mattpayne11
14ers: 58 
13ers: 111
Trip Reports (48)

Post by mattpayne11 »

Hot damn, congrats KIMO! Awesome job!
colokeith
14ers: 39  2 
13ers: 34 3
Trip Reports (7)

Post by colokeith »

nice work Kimo. Not surprised at all I have long admired your photography
To climb is to push yourself in a way you might not normally imagine is possible. If your stamina, skill, and luck are sound you will get to stand on top. ... I realized that with climbing, I'd found something that nourished my soul and could forge me into a better version myself - Jim Davidson
Jon Frohlich
14ers: 58 
13ers: 162 3
Trip Reports (29)

Post by Jon Frohlich »

I was in DC over the weekend for a wedding and we had time to make a quick stop in the museum to see the wilderness exhibition. I thought everyone might like to see some pictures of his photo actually hanging on the wall. It was an awesome exhibition and all the photos were fantastic.
DSC09222.JPG
DSC09222.JPG (127.68 KiB) Viewed 3243 times
DSC09223.JPG
DSC09223.JPG (117.45 KiB) Viewed 3243 times
Greenhouseguy
14ers: 41  10 
13ers: 185 5
Trip Reports (71)

Post by Greenhouseguy »

That's an incredible honor. Congratulations, Kimo!
"May your boulder be your blessing." - Aron Ralston
CarpeDM
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 350 13
Trip Reports (10)

Post by CarpeDM »

Very cool! Congratulations, Kimo! Well deserved.
"This route is awesome; you can bring all your favorite holds home with you!" - Cedar Wright
"Experience is the hardest kind of teacher. It gives you the test first and the lesson afterward." - Oscar Wilde
"I just wanna live the life I please; I don't want no enemies; I don't want nothing if I have to fake it
Never take nothing don't belong to me; everything's paid for; nothing's free; If I give my heart will you promise not to break it?" - Lucinda Williams