Kimo Represents at Smithsonian

Camera equipment and technique for taking photos.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
mtgirl
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 104
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Kimo Represents at Smithsonian

Post by mtgirl »

Great image, Kimo. Lots of great images on there, but of course I voted for Kimo's image of the Crestone Needle........kinda partial to that peak.
"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."
Jay521
14ers: 42  10 
13ers: 175 22
Trip Reports (56)

Amazing

Post by Jay521 »

We have a lot of very, very talented people on this website and you are certainly one of them. Absolutely GREAT picture of what has become my favorite mountain.
I take the mountain climber's approach to housekeeping - don't look down
Zambo
14ers: 58  5  16 
13ers: 160 10 9
Trip Reports (40)

Post by Zambo »

Wow - very nice shot. Congrats on the feature.

Question: How big is/will it be when displayed?
"Human beings climb at their peril. Some might think that by climbing a great mountain they have somehow conquered it, but we can be only visitors here."
Oman
14ers: 57 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Oman »

Great job Kimo. What an honor.
Presto
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 308 21
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Presto »

Kimo ... how wonderful for you to be duly recognized for your stellar photography. I just called The Man and let him know and he told me to pass on his accolades. =D> You (and Anna) are in our hearts and thoughts more than you know. Take care and happy trails! :-D
As if none of us have ever come back with a cool, quasi-epic story instead of being victim to tragic rockfall, a fatal stumble, a heart attack, an embolism, a lightning strike, a bear attack, collapsing cornice, some psycho with an axe, a falling tree, carbon monoxide, even falling asleep at the wheel getting to a mountain. If you can't accept the fact that sometimes "s**t happens", then you live with the illusion that your epic genius and profound wilderness intelligence has put you in total and complete control of yourself, your partners, and the mountain. How mystified you'll be when "s**t happens" to you! - FM
Steve Gio
14ers: 19 
13ers: 8
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Steve Gio »

Congrats Kimo. That is a real honor. I immediately set this photo as my background to celebrate.
BobbyFinn
14ers: 58  21 
13ers: 573 5 7
Trip Reports (19)

Post by BobbyFinn »

Congrats!
JimR
14ers: 56 
13ers: 73
Trip Reports (8)

Post by JimR »

Great pic of a great peak. Well done & congratulations.
I have more age than experience, more experience than knowledge, and more knowledge than wisdom.
Yet somehow I usually make it back to the car safely; and oftentimes, so do the people that I'm with.
unclegar
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 27
Trip Reports (9)

Post by unclegar »

vonmackle wrote:Congrats are in order for our friend Kimo! Kimo's photo of Crestone Needle was selected to be in the Wilderness Forever photography exhibit at the Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History in Washington D.C.

Check out the website here:
http://wilderness.smithsonian.com/vote/vote-180952419/
Thanks for sharing that. Very nice photo of the Needle. I'm not sure if Kimo will see it but hopefully he will. I always appreciated his photography skills.
...the mountain peaks belong to Him. -- PS 95:4

“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.”
― Charles M. Schulz
BostonBD
14ers: 22  4 
13ers: 25
Trip Reports (0)

Post by BostonBD »

Awesome work!
sunny1
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 225 8
Trip Reports (3)

Post by sunny1 »

Stunning pic, Kimo! Well deserved spot in the Smithsonian display! CONGRATS!!
The older you get, the better you get, unless you're a banana.
yorksman
14ers: 13 
13ers: 7
Trip Reports (0)

Post by yorksman »

Congrats! That's such an honor!