Favorite Images from 2014

Camera equipment and technique for taking photos.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Re: Favorite Images from 2014

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

Great shots, Aubrey!
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
dsr1986
14ers: 9 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by dsr1986 »

Aubrey,

Incredible. Thanks for sharing.
Whats with Today, today?
MtnHub
14ers: 28 
13ers: 23
Trip Reports (50)

Post by MtnHub »

Beautiful, Aubrey! Thanks for sharing yours! :-D
colokeith
14ers: 39  2 
13ers: 34 3
Trip Reports (7)

Post by colokeith »

Not the quality of some of the awesome shots posted here. But these are some of my favorites.
The Tetons
Middle Teton

Weterhorn wildflowers

Ranrapalca at sunset

Lets ski Neva

Father Dyer Goat
To climb is to push yourself in a way you might not normally imagine is possible. If your stamina, skill, and luck are sound you will get to stand on top. ... I realized that with climbing, I'd found something that nourished my soul and could forge me into a better version myself - Jim Davidson
spong0949
14ers: 49  1 
13ers: 47
Trip Reports (26)

Post by spong0949 »

Wow! The shots in here are just awesome!

A few more additions from photography trips throughout the year:

Winter

Elbert
Yale

Spring

Teton Barn with Bison
Piney Lake

Summer

Lone Eagle
Ice Lakes Sunrise

Fall

Dallas Divide
Sopris
Wilson Peak
Mountain photography and fine art:
https://aaron-spong.pixels.com/

Blog:
http://14erart.com

"SOLI DEO GLORIA"
IntrepidXJ
14ers: 34 
13ers: 63
Trip Reports (90)

Post by IntrepidXJ »

Mine can be found here: http://anasaziphoto.com/blog/2014/12/my ... os-of-2014" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Randy Langstraat | ADVENTR.co
colokeith
14ers: 39  2 
13ers: 34 3
Trip Reports (7)

Post by colokeith »

spong0949 I love that shot of Lone Eagle!!
To climb is to push yourself in a way you might not normally imagine is possible. If your stamina, skill, and luck are sound you will get to stand on top. ... I realized that with climbing, I'd found something that nourished my soul and could forge me into a better version myself - Jim Davidson
LIV
14ers: 58  7 
13ers: 128
Trip Reports (21)

Post by LIV »

=D> Those are awesome shots everyone. Aubrey - haven't been to the Cascades but your pics definitely make me want to go. Thanks for posting!
highcountryhiker
14ers: 27 
13ers: 82
Trip Reports (0)

Post by highcountryhiker »

LIV wrote:Those are awesome shots everyone. Aubrey - haven't been to the Cascades but your pics definitely make me want to go. Thanks for posting!
Agreed!
vonmackle
14ers: 30 
13ers: 93 1
Trip Reports (13)

Post by vonmackle »

Wow, there are so many great shots in here. Great work, everyone!

I've been wanting to go to the North Cascades for quite a while, but Aubrey's pictures make me want to get there ASAP.
"To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable." -Ludwig van Beethoven
Aubrey
14ers: 58 
13ers: 20
Trip Reports (128)

Post by Aubrey »

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. There are some awesome photos on this thread! Some of them are making me really miss my old home in Colorado.

For those interested, I wanted to provide a better sense of scale to one of the photos I posted (the small size doesn't do it justice). I took the following photo of Mt. Shuksan (9,131') from the summit of Ruth Mountain (7,115'). The valley floor directly below and exactly in between the two summits is out of frame (and couldn't be seen from where I was because the valley was too deep), but its elevation is about 3,000 feet ... so you're looking at more than 6,000 feet of vert. The 3 tents, lower-left, are on the ridge to Icy Peak.

If anyone's interested in seeing more North Cascades photos (specific peaks or other images), just pm me and I can send you a link.

Keep the photos comin'!

Oh, and here's one more for you Rainier lovers ... I took this from a jet, while flying from Bellingham to Las Vegas (Sept. 27, 2014):

d_baker
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 348 11
Trip Reports (59)

Post by d_baker »

Yup, Rainier from the plane is pretty awesome! As are the rest of your photos, Aubrey!