Photography Gathering 2/8

Camera equipment and technique for taking photos.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
bergsteigen
14ers: 58  52  18 
13ers: 538 100 12
Trip Reports (237)

Re: Photography Gathering 2/8

Post by bergsteigen »

Daniel Joder wrote:bergsteigen...you may be the only one who actually photographed the photographers! I thought about getting us to do a big selfie together, but never got around to it. Yeah, it was fun and you have a few gems there, too!
Thanks! It's been my habit to photograph partners. Not much of a selfie type, more of a candid.
vonmackle wrote:If I manage to find some mini Microspikes for you to use next time, we will definitely be sure to avoid any 'gerbil surfaces'.
Yes, avoid at all costs, lest we attract bears or mtn lions!
"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games." - Ernest Hemingway (or was it Barnaby Conrad?)
Your knees only get so many bumps in life, don't waste them on moguls!
“No athlete is truly tested until they’ve stared an injury in the face and come out on the other side stronger than ever” -anonymous

http://otinasadventures.com @otina
Eschuette
14ers: 30 
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Eschuette »

Thanks again for setting it up Cameron and to everyone for the great company and sharing your photography wisdom! It was a great morning to be out, hope to join another one in the future and see everyone out in the mountains again!! I am also pretty proud that I stayed on my feet without succumbing to the well delivered sales pitch for spike rentals....Here are a few low res pics I was able to attach of the morning. Cheers
Attachments
my only selfie of the day
my only selfie of the day
248-2-0632.1.jpg (245.04 KiB) Viewed 1262 times
lumpy ridge
lumpy ridge
248-2-0540-3.1.jpg (178.98 KiB) Viewed 1262 times
First light on twin the owls
First light on twin the owls
248-2-0450.1.jpg (187.1 KiB) Viewed 1262 times
Eric

"In short, there is a kind of supernatural beauty in these mountainous prospects which charms both the senses and the minds into a forgetfulness of oneself and of everything in the world" - Rousseau

Instagram Id: ericschuettephotography
https://www.facebook.com/EricSchuettephotography" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Eschuette
14ers: 30 
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Eschuette »

Everyone posted some wonderful pics of the morning!! Great stuff everyone =D> =D> . Here are the last few of mine...
Attachments
gem lake
gem lake
248-2-0698.2.jpg (264.82 KiB) Viewed 1262 times
great view of the eastern side of the park
great view of the eastern side of the park
248-2-0686.1.jpg (293.74 KiB) Viewed 1262 times
lumpy ridge
lumpy ridge
248-2-0530.1.jpg (158.22 KiB) Viewed 1262 times
Eric

"In short, there is a kind of supernatural beauty in these mountainous prospects which charms both the senses and the minds into a forgetfulness of oneself and of everything in the world" - Rousseau

Instagram Id: ericschuettephotography
https://www.facebook.com/EricSchuettephotography" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;