Photography Gathering 2/8

Camera equipment and technique for taking photos.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Daniel Joder
14ers: 43  3 
13ers: 8
Trip Reports (37)

Re: Photography Gathering 2/8

Post by Daniel Joder »

Thanks for putting this together Cam! I am just getting to my images now and will post a link once I have a few up. Good to meet all of you: O., Eric, Chemo, C. I finally figured out O = bergsteigen--your resume is pretty freakin' impressive along with your photography! Cam--I just checked out your website--really great stuff and I enjoyed the wolverine story thoroughly. Eric--your stuff is great, too, with some wonderful variety (climbing!). Chemo--do you have a website? I was in pretty pro company today--thanks!
d_baker
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 348 11
Trip Reports (59)

Post by d_baker »

Daniel Joder wrote:Chemo--do you have a website? I was in pretty pro company today--thanks!
It's Kimo.
And yes he does.
Daniel Joder
Trip Reports (37)

Post by Daniel Joder »

Ooops, sorry. Link to Kimo?
Daniel Joder
Trip Reports (37)

Post by Daniel Joder »

Disregard. Got it (the link).
kimo
14ers: 32  6 
13ers: 116 6
Trip Reports (0)

Post by kimo »

It was good seeing everyone this morning. Nice light, nice company. Please post your photos.

I had some fun in lightroom tonight.

Daniel Joder
Trip Reports (37)

Post by Daniel Joder »

I posted a few images on my blog: http://www.danieljoderphotography.com/gem-lake-outing/

Kimo, really fun to see how your eye saw the landscape that day--very well done! I am always amazed at how different everyone sees what is around them and it makes me try to pay more attention to the details the next time I go out.
bergsteigen
14ers: 58  52  18 
13ers: 538 100 12
Trip Reports (237)

Post by bergsteigen »

I had a great (non ski) day out! Rather a new experience to be on a trip with all photographers. No one to give me snarky looks when I'm stopping to take a photo! Definitely great company, and I hope I learned a few things. Still have a lot to learn.

Here are some of my best shots from the day...

Of course I have to document the trip:

Due to my stubborn hiker/skier mentality of "carrying my good tripod is too heavy" and "can't find the widget to my light tripod", I had to hand hold this 400mm shot with my ~3lb lens. Sometimes I am silly ](*,)

Later today, the rest of my photos should be up here: http://www.otinasadventures.com/index.p ... umpy_ridge
"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games." - Ernest Hemingway (or was it Barnaby Conrad?)
Your knees only get so many bumps in life, don't waste them on moguls!
“No athlete is truly tested until they’ve stared an injury in the face and come out on the other side stronger than ever” -anonymous

http://otinasadventures.com @otina
Daniel Joder
Trip Reports (37)

Post by Daniel Joder »

bergsteigen...you may be the only one who actually photographed the photographers! I thought about getting us to do a big selfie together, but never got around to it. Yeah, it was fun and you have a few gems there, too!
vonmackle
14ers: 30 
13ers: 93 1
Trip Reports (13)

Post by vonmackle »

Wow, excellent photos, everyone! I had a great time yesterday, despite the fact that my Microspike rental scheme didn't pan out. Thank you all for coming out. We'll definitely have to do another one of these gatherings in the future.

ImageTwilight Over Lumpy Ridge by CameronMillerPhotography

ImageSunrise Over the Twin Owls by CameronMillerPhotography

ImageMorning Light, Rocky Mountain National Park by CameronMillerPhotography

ImageCorkscrew Tree by CameronMillerPhotography

ImageCorkscrew Tree by CameronMillerPhotography

ImagePaul Bunyan's Boot by CameronMillerPhotography
"To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable." -Ludwig van Beethoven
bergsteigen
14ers: 58  52  18 
13ers: 538 100 12
Trip Reports (237)

Post by bergsteigen »

vonmackle wrote:Wow, excellent photos, everyone! I had a great time yesterday, despite the fact that my Microspike rental scheme didn't pan out. Thank you all for coming out. We'll definitely have to do another one of these gatherings in the future.
Your micro spike rental would have worked better if they were XS (which don't exist). Butt skiing the trail worked out quite well! Look forward to future trips.
"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games." - Ernest Hemingway (or was it Barnaby Conrad?)
Your knees only get so many bumps in life, don't waste them on moguls!
“No athlete is truly tested until they’ve stared an injury in the face and come out on the other side stronger than ever” -anonymous

http://otinasadventures.com @otina
vonmackle
14ers: 30 
13ers: 93 1
Trip Reports (13)

Post by vonmackle »

bergsteigen wrote:
vonmackle wrote:Wow, excellent photos, everyone! I had a great time yesterday, despite the fact that my Microspike rental scheme didn't pan out. Thank you all for coming out. We'll definitely have to do another one of these gatherings in the future.
Your micro spike rental would have worked better if they were XS (which don't exist). Butt skiing the trail worked out quite well! Look forward to future trips.
If I manage to find some mini Microspikes for you to use next time, we will definitely be sure to avoid any 'gerbil surfaces'.
"To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable." -Ludwig van Beethoven
JGiffinPhotog
14ers: 51  1 
13ers: 21
Trip Reports (0)

Post by JGiffinPhotog »

Crap, how am I just finding out about this now? Sorry I missed it, looks like a great time. I would love to join a future photog outing. Great shots everyone!
http://www.jgiffinphotos.com

"...Let's go exploring!" - Bill Watterson