Nominate your favorite Colorado Landscape Photographer

Camera equipment and technique for taking photos.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Presto
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 308 21
Trip Reports (6)

Re: Nominate your favorite Colorado Landscape Photographer

Post by Presto »

KIMO. =D> http://www.14ers.com/php14ers/triprepor ... ki=Include" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.14ers.com/php14ers/triprepor ... ki=Include" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.14ers.com/php14ers/triprepor ... ki=Include" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As if none of us have ever come back with a cool, quasi-epic story instead of being victim to tragic rockfall, a fatal stumble, a heart attack, an embolism, a lightning strike, a bear attack, collapsing cornice, some psycho with an axe, a falling tree, carbon monoxide, even falling asleep at the wheel getting to a mountain. If you can't accept the fact that sometimes "s**t happens", then you live with the illusion that your epic genius and profound wilderness intelligence has put you in total and complete control of yourself, your partners, and the mountain. How mystified you'll be when "s**t happens" to you! - FM
yorksman
14ers: 13 
13ers: 7
Trip Reports (0)

Post by yorksman »

REM12082010 wrote:Not sure why I'm not seeing Jody Grigg listed?

http://jodygrigg.photoshelter.com/#!/index" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

His unique perspectives are refreshing.

I too appreciate the images of the very prolific shooter, Bill Middlebrook. Not aware of where his images can be seen other than this website?

Thanks for the mentioning, I have one fan now I can die a happy person! :-D
kimo
14ers: 32  6 
13ers: 116 6
Trip Reports (0)

Post by kimo »

Ha! Did someone yell my name? Presto, you're quick. I back-dated and posted the San Gorgonio report to 14ers just last week. That didn't stay hidden for very long. :lol:

Thanks for sharing the Haleakala report link. I haven't read it since posting it a couple years ago. Typically I don't go back to these things after I put them out there but last night I did. Made me smile. It's pretty apparent that the time and place inspired my creativity. Anna and I enjoyed scrolling through the report and reliving some of that adventure last night. And I'm happy that you appreciate and enjoy it too. There are some neat pictures in there. I think I did the experience justice. And that is what really matters: enjoying the time and the adventure.

Anyhow...nice to hear from you Terri! I hope you and the Man are doing well.
Phill the Thrill
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 60
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Phill the Thrill »

susanjoypaul wrote:

If we were voting for goat photography, I would have to go with Bill "The Goat Whisperer" Middlebrook. His classic ruminant portraiture captures the essence of the Colorado mountain goat.

-Susan
:lol: =D>
"Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it." - Andy Rooney
Tory Wells
14ers: 46 
13ers: 24
Trip Reports (9)

Post by Tory Wells »

A guy I used to work with who's now able to focus on his photography nearly full-time. He's very diverse--people, aerials, mountains, wildlife, night sky. He does good work without the over-processed look that is becoming all too common these days.
http://www.noahbryant.com/
"Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earthbound misfit, am I." -David Gilmour, Pink Floyd

"We knocked the bastard off." Hillary, 1953
"It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves." Hillary, 2003
Couldn't we all use 50 years of humble growth?
-Steve Gladbach
Presto
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 308 21
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Presto »

by kimo » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:04 am
Ha! Did someone yell my name? Presto, you're quick. I back-dated and posted the San Gorgonio report to 14ers just last week. That didn't stay hidden for very long. :lol:

Thanks for sharing the Haleakala report link. I haven't read it since posting it a couple years ago. Typically I don't go back to these things after I put them out there but last night I did. Made me smile. It's pretty apparent that the time and place inspired my creativity. Anna and I enjoyed scrolling through the report and reliving some of that adventure last night. And I'm happy that you appreciate and enjoy it too. There are some neat pictures in there. I think I did the experience justice. And that is what really matters: enjoying the time and the adventure.

Anyhow...nice to hear from you Terri! I hope you and the Man are doing well.
Great to hear from you also. You know, Kimo, appreciation for your trip reports involves so much more than just the visual (as stellar as they are) ... you weave great prose that comes from your heart ... and, then there's the music you share. I, personally, will forever be indebted to you for introducing me to Dinah Washington and "This Bitter Earth". The Man went out and bought me some of her stuff ... you gotta be dead not to have her voice do something to your soul. And, since your link is no longer live in that trip report ... for your listening and viewing pleasure, Kimo and Anna ... enjoy. :-D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDyPERLVgJA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
As if none of us have ever come back with a cool, quasi-epic story instead of being victim to tragic rockfall, a fatal stumble, a heart attack, an embolism, a lightning strike, a bear attack, collapsing cornice, some psycho with an axe, a falling tree, carbon monoxide, even falling asleep at the wheel getting to a mountain. If you can't accept the fact that sometimes "s**t happens", then you live with the illusion that your epic genius and profound wilderness intelligence has put you in total and complete control of yourself, your partners, and the mountain. How mystified you'll be when "s**t happens" to you! - FM
kimo
14ers: 32  6 
13ers: 116 6
Trip Reports (0)

Post by kimo »

You're great, Terri. Thank you. I will need to fix the pictures and the broken link and make the trip report whole again. That report represents a time and place for me that has since passed, but that I look back at reverently. This Bitter Earth struck a chord within me, and the song still resonates with my heart and soul.

Adventures in the hills made me feel like a kid, when every thing was new and raw and edges were still sharp. Those intense feelings drove my trip report writing. But over time the edges softened and now I simply enjoy getting out and walking the hills. Things aren't so new and raw anymore, and because of that creative writing is harder for me unless the adventure is something really special. But I still carry the camera and the pictures still seem to flow.

Here's a "report" that you and maybe some others might like. It's a post I made earlier this year on an Olympus photography forum. The subject was a recent trip to the Big Island of Hawaii. I pretty much wrote what came to mind as I scrolled through my black and white photos. I did one quick edit and then posted it to mu43.

http://www.mu-43.com/threads/72541/

As for top 10...I don't play a favorites list. I do think it's outrageous that some notable "resident" 14ers.com photographers have not been mentioned. I think Cameron Miller's work is tops, and Mark Curtis, well, his photos and whimsy always makes me smile.