Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

iPhone / iPAD App

Information on 14ers.com Mobile apps.

iPhone / iPAD App

Postby chrisrh57 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:26 pm

This topic is not at all meant to take away from the great work that Nathan has done in creating and bringing to the community a wonderful Android App - but I thought it would be appropriate to appeal now for an iOS (Apple) developer to come forward and consider developing not just an iPhone app, but a nice app for the iPad which many folks would love to have :)

I am not a developer, so I don't know what the effort would be like, but maybe a discussion could be started and some thoughts about supporting this development could be discussed if someone could be found to create the app !

Site Administrator

Re: iPhone / iPAD App

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:32 pm

I'll be putting out a request for an iOS developer later this year since some other things have come up recently that will prevent me from being able to work with a new developer over the next few months. Sorry about that. I do plan to eventually make an Apple app available.

Postby Nathan Hale » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:10 pm

If someone wants to buy me a Macbook then I'd be happy to develop it! :D :wink:
But for now we are young, let us lay in the sun and count every beautiful thing we can see.

http://mtns.nathan-hale.com

Postby tmathews » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:49 pm

Don't care. I'm just glad those of us on 14ers.com are getting some Android love. :mrgreen:

That we're getting it before the iDrones -- well, suck it up. :P :lol:
Last edited by tmathews on Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:47 am

Nathan Hale wrote:If someone wants to buy me a Macbook then I'd be happy to develop it! :D :wink:

I'll send you a new MacBook Air 13" or Pro if you'll take it on. :D
Only SNOW will end the madness

Postby Fairlight » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:32 am

+1 for an Apple App.

Postby ontopoftheworld » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:02 pm

tmathews wrote:Don't care. I'm just glad those of us on 14ers.com are getting some Android love. :mrgreen:

That we're getting it before the iDrones -- well, suck it up. :P :lol:

The only thing Bill has ever done wrong with 14ers.com is developing an Android app before an iOS app. We need to send Bill to Apple indoctrination and buy him an iPhone!

In all seriousness, I own an iPhone (mostly because it just plays so nicely with my macs at home), but I think Android is a great platform as well. Not sure why this debate sparks such a religious war. To each his own.

I've been developing Windoze software for 10 years, but I'm just getting my feet wet at work with iOS development. I may be able to help with the app later this year if you need it.

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:13 pm

ontopoftheworld wrote:The only thing Bill has ever done wrong with 14ers.com is developing an Android app before an iOS app. We need to send Bill to Apple indoctrination and buy him an iPhone!

Never. Gonna. Happen.
Me personally using Apple, that is.
=; :P

However, I do have a table that needs leveling if you'd like to send that iPhone...

Postby imtheguy247 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:20 pm

hmm. Do you need a Macbook? Somewhere i read all you need to do is buy the $100 Apple Devoloper app and create the app like that.

Postby gsliva » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:17 pm

Bill:

I have 6 PC's and one Macbook Pro. Once you go Mac you will never go back. It's the same thing as Resort skiing and then discovering Dynafit backcountry skiing. Priceless.
Live for the Climb and the search for commitment.

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:38 am

gsliva wrote:Bill:

I have 6 PC's and one Macbook Pro. Once you go Mac you will never go back. It's the same thing as Resort skiing and then discovering Dynafit backcountry skiing. Priceless.

Never!
I've been an PC guy since my first computer in 1982. I even had one of the first IBM PCjrs in 1984! No kidding. It wasn't much, but I made it sing. I was so into PC programming that it ran my life for 20 years and put me where I am today.

If I were just a "user" (BTW, just saw TRON Legacy the other night :lol:), a Mac would probably just fine - they are slick machines.

I remember having PC-vs-Mac debates in the 80's and 90's! It's wonderful that we have so many choices these days.

Postby tmathews » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:46 am

BillMiddlebrook wrote:Never!

This so just reminded me of Return of the Jedi :lol:

Vader: Give yourself to the dark side. It is the only way you can save your friends. Yes, your thoughts betray you. Your feelings for them are strong. Especially for... [pauses] Sister! So, you have a twin sister. Your feelings have now betrayed her too. Obi-Wan was wise to hide her from me. Now his failure is complete. If you will not turn to the dark side, then perhaps she will!

BillMiddlebrook: NEVER!
:wink:

Next