Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

14ers.com Android App released!

Information on 14ers.com Mobile apps.

Re: 14ers.com Android App released!

Postby jdorje » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:34 pm

People these days have way too much desire for phone apps, and this is reflected in developers unnecessarily making useless ones.

The mobile interface to the forums is fine already, and works on all phones. An app for this same thing would basically just be a web browser. Though I suppose it's possible there is a phpBB app already available that could streamline the interface...slightly. Even that would pretty much be unnecessary work for Bill to develop and maintain though.

Even the current 14ers app is basically just a viewer and interface for downloading routes to save offline. This is fine but I question if it's worth Bill's time versus just having these in PDF or EPUB form.
-Jason Dorje Short

Re: 14ers.com Android App released!

Postby pills2619 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:08 am

Thanks for the update Bill,

Yeah its same information in a different form but wow just that little change has increased the functionality of this site. So yeah its worth Bills time to make the routes and photos saveable in a format that can easily be viewed on my phone and I thank him for that.
They forget that some crisis is necessary to hone skill. "Near misses," those brief encounters with the reality of mortality, are great learning tools if properly approached. -Denali Climbers Guidebook

Previous