Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

14ers.com iPhone app testers

Information on 14ers.com Mobile apps.
Site Administrator

14ers.com iPhone app testers

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:44 pm

I'm looking for a few people who are interested in testing the new 14ers.com iOS app. We've already done a bunch of testing and have a version that's pretty darn good.

If you have one of the following devices and wouldn't mind being a tester, please email me at the address below, with a title of "iOS App Tester":
iPhone4
iPhone4S
iPhone3GS
iPad2

HOLD ON! Before you email me, we'd prefer folks that have climbed a bunch of the 14ers and use 14ers.com route pages frequently. Why? Well, those of us who have climbed lots of 14ers will be more likely to spot content problems in the app. The app uses data from 14ers.com but in the event that an error is causing content to be mixed up or something, a person familiar with the peaks/routes will be more likely to pick it up. I'd also like to mention that we are not looking for a list of enhancements but rather a few more sets of eyes to make sure what we have is done properly. I hope that makes sense.

It won't take long for me to get a few people, so please don't be offended if I tell you we are "full" in reply to your PM. I'll update this thread when that happens.

In case you're wondering how much work is involved to test, here are the basic steps once you're a tester:
1) You send me the ID of your device and I set it up with Apple so the app can be installed on your mobile device. Yes, I have to do this for every test device.
2) I send you the app file
3) You drag-n-drop the app file into iTunes and copy it to your device
4) Then you play around with the app. I'll provide you an email with some basic things we are looking for, etc.
5) You tap out an email to me with any problems you encounter.
6) Once we release the app to the Apple app store, you'll have to remove the test app before getting it from the store.

That's it. Not a big deal since, with Apple, we have a small number of device types out there. When Nathan did testing for the Android app, it was a bit different.

Thanks!

Bill Middlebrook
i o s a p p t e s t i n g @ 1 4 e r s . c o m (without spaces)
"There's no recess and no rules in the school of life" - D. Mustaine

Site Administrator

Re: 14ers.com iPhone app testers

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:05 pm

We have enough testers for now. Thanks so much to everyone who volunteered!
If we need more, I'll post in this thread.

Site Administrator

Re: 14ers.com iPhone app testers

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:33 am

The app was sent to 9 testers yesterday