Mt. Bierstadt dog update on 9NEWS

Dogs, dogs and even some cats
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
BeastoftheEast
14ers: 10 
13ers: 8
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Mt. Bierstadt dog update on 9NEWS

Post by BeastoftheEast »

Navigaiter wrote: She'll never miss he who abandoned her.
You don't know jack s**t about what this dog thinks of her former handler. Get your head out of your ass.
The beast is in all of us. And so is the best.
Tony1
14ers: 58  2  15 
13ers: 261 11 5
Trip Reports (31)

Post by Tony1 »

TallGrass
13ers: 26
Trip Reports (0)

Post by TallGrass »

Image Image
"A few hours' mountain climbing make of a rogue and a saint two fairly equal creatures.
Tiredness is the shortest path to equality and fraternity - and sleep finally adds to them liberty."
Navigaiter
14ers: 46 
13ers: 49
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Navigaiter »

alpenglow wrote:Great news! Brilliant work by the rescuers. I love a happy ending. Lucky, enjoy your new pack you deserve each other.
Well said, and agreed! It will be interesting to see if the rescuers knew about this prior to taping Ellen. Otherwise, her episode will already be outdated!
Jim Davies
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 67
Trip Reports (5)

Post by Jim Davies »

New rule: you can't talk about dogs unless you've voted for CFI.
Climbing at altitude is like hitting your head against a brick wall — it's great when you stop. -- Chris Darwin
I'm pretty tired. I think I'll go home now. -- Forrest Gump
peter303
14ers: 34 
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (3)

Post by peter303 »

Note end of article the rescuers will be on Ellen D show today.
In Denver thats 3 PM NBC Channel 9.
DaveSwink
14ers: 37  12 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (6)

Post by DaveSwink »

I love to hear a happy ending to this long, sad story. I hope Missy (Lucky) has recovered her health and gets to enjoy a long life with lots of safe hikes! =D>
Coucher73
14ers: 25 
13ers: 16
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Coucher73 »

It is unfathomable to me that the producers of the Ellen show got even one person to come to LA to talk about this, let alone eight.
Tommy Dorr
14ers: 55 
13ers: 51
Trip Reports (3)

Post by Tommy Dorr »

Jim Davies wrote:New rule: you can't talk about dogs unless you've voted for CFI.
Bwhahaha!! YES!!! =D>
"Try not... do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
"When the Power of Love overcomes the Love for Power, then the world will Know Peace." - Jimi Hendrix
MtHurd
14ers: 57  4 
13ers: 29
Trip Reports (0)

Post by MtHurd »

Tony1
14ers: 58  2  15 
13ers: 261 11 5
Trip Reports (31)

Post by Tony1 »

Coucher73 wrote:It is unfathomable to me that the producers of the Ellen show got even one person to come to LA to talk about this, let alone eight.
Well, their expenses were all probably paid for by whoever manages the money for Ellen's show (is that how that works?). And, they get to meet Ellen, which would be awesome.
peter303
14ers: 34 
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (3)

Post by peter303 »

Tony1 wrote:
Coucher73 wrote:It is unfathomable to me that the producers of the Ellen show got even one person to come to LA to talk about this, let alone eight.
Well, their expenses were all probably paid for by whoever manages the money for Ellen's show (is that how that works?). And, they get to meet Ellen, which would be awesome.
I hope they fit in a climb of Los Angeles mountains, like Mount Baldy. The altitude is only 10K, but that is from sea level. very nice views on a clear day.

The filming was probably a week or two ago.