Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Good (active) home needed

Dogs, dogs and even some cats
Forum rules
Let's try to keep the topics related to mountaineering, please.

Good (active) home needed

Postby Massholeo » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:42 am

Found this fellow in my office parking lot. No chip, no tags, drove around asking folks in the residential areas near here with no luck (few and far between, we're in a pretty industrial area). Dog was pretty filthy and had a slight limp. Brought him home, cleaned him up, fed, water, etc. Would love to keep him but have three already and I'll be homeless as well as him if I tried! Dog is extremely athletic and nimble, but is young and seems to be still learning. Pretty good on a leash, but looses focus with voice commands. I'd love to keep him, but my landlord would have my rear.
Approx 45 lbs, looks to be a shepard / ab / collie mix (??). Extremely sweet, got along great with my dogs. I figure folks on here are pretty active and as we've seen there are some animal lovers. If anyone is interested in this guy give me a call at 720 394 3973 or shoot a PM over. Obviously I'll try to locate the original owner, but without a chip and no tags (but a collar), nothing on CL and no response to my postings there it's pretty difficult.
dog (Small).jpg
dog (Small).jpg (50.9 KiB) Viewed 1176 times
Attachments
dog2 (Small).jpg
dog2 (Small).jpg (26.28 KiB) Viewed 1176 times

Re: Good (active) home needed

Postby Theodore » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:36 am

Might try posting this on the 14ers facebook also, might help get some more eyes on it! Good luck!

Postby coloradokevin » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:21 am

You might want to try contacting local shelters, too. The owner may have made them aware of the fact that his/her dog was missing.

Postby Massholeo » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:47 am

Shelters have been called, most indicated they do not keep a running list and tell folks to utilize craigslist and pet harbor, which I've done. Looks like he'll be set though, I've got a few interested parties. Sorry to take up space on here about (another!) dog, but couldn't just ship him off to a shelter, too good of a dog for the unknown.

Postby dcbates80911 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:17 pm

Where about did you find him?
There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

Postby Massholeo » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:01 pm

Commerce City, by Dahlia and 78th just s.w. of where I76 and 85 merge.

Postby dcbates80911 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:14 pm

Thanks...a friend lost a dog with an almost scary resemblance, but in Colorado Springs on Monday.

Postby dubsho3000 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:25 pm

It seems possible that the dog could have made it 70 miles in three days. Unlikely, but possible. Might be worth checking with your friend in the Springs.

Postby Snowgirl » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:21 pm

Has the dog been seen by a vet yet? If so, they should have scanned for a microchip. Probably a good idea to just make sure there's not some kind of owner connected to him. A local shelter could scan them for you as well.
Such things for example as the grasp of a child's hand in your own, the flavor of an apple, the embrace of a friend or lover...sunlight on rock and leaves, the feel of music, the bark of a tree, the abrasion of granite and sand, the plunge of clear water into a pool, the face of the wind--- what else is there? What else do we need?
--Edward Abbey

Postby geojed » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:41 pm

Can he climb the Hourglass, or Quandary's W Ridge? If not, I'm not interested. ;)