Favorite Beer?

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Johnson
14ers: 58 
13ers: 42
Trip Reports (6)

Re: Favorite Beer?

Post by Johnson »

bob863 wrote:do we need a separate thread for "favorite wine"? i find it easier to carry some red wine in a bladder to the top of a summit...plus i'm personally biased since i worked & lived near Napa Valley for 23 years...

Yes we do. I think someone tried to infiltrate this thread with grape juice last year!!! ](*,) :lol:
In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. - Psalm 95:4

"I would be doing myself a disservice and every member of this band if I didn't perform the hell out of this." - Gene
SkaredShtles
Trip Reports (0)

Post by SkaredShtles »

Dave B wrote:
kansas wrote:I've developed a taste for session IPA's lately. Sometimes it's nice to drink a few beers and still be able to stand up. This is the best one yet.
I just tried these last night - pretty impressed. And yeah, it was nice to have a few and not feel like s**t this morning.

Also looking forward to Odell adding the Loose Leaf to their standard year-round selection of six-pack brews. Not sure how it ranks on the IBU scale, but it's Odell's so there's really no way it sucks.
It's actually pretty bad. Then again, so is their 90-Shilling.

Their straight Odell's IPA is good stuff, though.

I prefer GD's Lasso if I'm going for a tasty lower-alc brew.

traderaaron
14ers: 16 
13ers: 18
Trip Reports (3)

Post by traderaaron »

Anything from Elevation in Poncha Springs really, and it's my favorite excuse to hike around Salida.
SkaredShtles
Trip Reports (0)

Post by SkaredShtles »

traderaaron wrote:Anything from Elevation in Poncha Springs really, and it's my favorite excuse to hike around Salida.
Our local High Plains Tap House has been carrying several Elevation offerings as of late...
Dakota
14ers: 25 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Dakota »

I have neglected this link for a while, even though I have tried some great great beers recently. As far as giving props to a new place I just tried for the first time, I went to Broken Compass in Breckenridge and was really impressed. I had a flight and loved them all, even their chili beer was good and I'm not a huge fan of that flavor of beer.
If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.
-Albert Einstein
MyFeetHurt
Trip Reports (1)

Post by MyFeetHurt »

djkest wrote:You guys should try Stone "Enjoy By" 4.20 IPA, before it's all gone. My favorite IPA so far.
THIS!
I managed to buy a case of bombers, best $100 I have spent on beer EVER!
djkest
13ers: 19
Trip Reports (44)

Post by djkest »

I really enjoy Old Chub Nitro. Seems to be better than the standard version of Old Chub.

Besides that, I really dig the Upslope Pale Ale.
Life is a mountain, not a beach.
Exploring and Wine, my personal blog
highpilgrim
13ers: 84 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by highpilgrim »

Hey Everyone!

It's National Beer Day! I saved a Stone's Enjoy By and it's going down tonight.

Cheers! :iluvbeer:
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

Walk away from the droning and leave the hive behind.
Dick Derkase
BenfromtheEast
14ers: 58  10  16 
13ers: 37 8 3
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BenfromtheEast »

highpilgrim wrote:I saved a Stone's Enjoy By
What? 8)
Wish I lived in CO
Trip Reports (11)

Post by Wish I lived in CO »

Guess it's been awhile .....

For right now anyway:

1) Dunegrass IPA (Greenbush Brewing, MI)
2) Lagunta's IPA (CA)
3) Two Hearted Ale (Bells Brewing, MI)
4) Dogfish 60 min IPA
5) Kalamazoo Stout (Bells Brewing, MI)
I look up to the mountains - does my help come from there? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth! Psalm 121:1-2
12ersRule
13ers: 157
Trip Reports (4)

Post by 12ersRule »

:iluvbeer:
highpilgrim wrote:Hey Everyone!

It's National Beer Day! I saved a Stone's Enjoy By and it's going down tonight.

Cheers! :iluvbeer:
Alright! I'll drink to that! An Enjoy By as well. Glad it's not a stout like the emoticon says!

:iluvbeer:
Wish I lived in CO
Trip Reports (11)

Post by Wish I lived in CO »

Hmmmmmm,

For those of you 40 and something older folks (sounds reminiscent of a recent thread), what was your favorite college age beer (or where ever the heck you were in the 80s or 90s before all the craft beers):

Sounds really pathetic now, but back in the day:

1) Keystone Light
2) Coors (yes the gold can "banquet beer")
3) Old Milwaukee
I look up to the mountains - does my help come from there? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth! Psalm 121:1-2