Favorite Beer?

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
jsype
14ers: 57 
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Favorite Beer?

Post by jsype »

Old No1 BarleyWine.JPG
Old No1 BarleyWine.JPG (172.91 KiB) Viewed 2472 times
Ahh,
Just found a secret stash of these, and am now curling up into a nice, fuzzy warm ball
Doubly happy, however, is the man to whom lofty mountain-tops are within reach --John Muir
unclegar
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 27
Trip Reports (9)

Post by unclegar »

FYI for anyone stopping in Estes Park before/after Longs or any other climb in RMNP:

Poppy's Pizza now has expanded to 15 taps. They only get one keg of Pliny the Elder per month so call ahead to see if it is in if that is a game-changer.
Poppys Beer Menu.jpg
Poppys Beer Menu.jpg (89.43 KiB) Viewed 2437 times
...the mountain peaks belong to Him. -- PS 95:4

“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.”
― Charles M. Schulz
Johnson
14ers: 58 
13ers: 42
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Johnson »

"Holy Cow"..... a tribute to Britt?

LUGENE Chocolate Milk Stout...... wow.
In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. - Psalm 95:4

"I would be doing myself a disservice and every member of this band if I didn't perform the hell out of this." - Gene
MountainMedic
14ers: 58  3  1 
13ers: 18
Trip Reports (3)

Post by MountainMedic »

It's not an absolute favorite, but Sixpoint Brewery in Brooklyn has been turning out some incredible beer. Resin is a great IIPA, Diesel is a great stout, Three Beans is a great coffee porter, Crisp is a great Pilsener, and I've still got Brownstone to try! Their stuff is pretty easy to find in the Tristate area, for anyone unlucky enough to be here.
Johnson
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Johnson »

I guess this is my weekend to check out some different stouts....

SKA Vinifera Stout..... hard to say for sure after just one, but this might be a new favorite stout for me. Interestingly, it is brewed with malbec grapejuice. I am not into fruity beers but there is not much fruitiness going on with this. Seasonal as I understand it and it comes in cans. If I ever do a winter trip to the backcountry again this shall be at the top of my list! :iluvbeer:
In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. - Psalm 95:4

"I would be doing myself a disservice and every member of this band if I didn't perform the hell out of this." - Gene
LTbear
14ers: 24 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by LTbear »

Grand Teton's winter seasonal - Coming Home Winter Warmer - is simply fantastic. I be I've had a dozen of them over the past 4 months or so.
rockchalker
14ers: 36 
Trip Reports (25)

Post by rockchalker »

Doesn't get a whole lot better than the below although the Pliny was easily the class of the field.

"There's a feeling I get when I look to the west and my spirit is crying for leaving."
DanR
14ers: 33 
13ers: 104
Trip Reports (4)

Post by DanR »

IPA, a beer style that demands freshness more than almost any other, is a major focus in this thread. In keeping with that, a reminder that the season of Pliny the Younger is nearly upon us. I honestly haven't had enough super fresh huge IPAs to really say where PtY falls, but I do know that it is good and that you can be sure that it's fresh.
LTbear
14ers: 24 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by LTbear »

Johnson wrote:"Holy Cow"..... a tribute to Britt?

LUGENE Chocolate Milk Stout...... wow.
Indeed. Had a four pack this weekend. Good stuff.
klinger
14ers: 15 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by klinger »

Enjoying this Bomber right now

AMAZING. So much less bubbly zing then some competitors I have had recently (of similar abv), reminiscent of a more classic stout, pours strong with a cascade like nitro milk or guiness, but add special omgness.
Johnson
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Johnson »

I got this ride from Sierra Nevada. I was made in collaboration with some Monk dudes. 10.2. Solid.. not sure if it is a "favorite" but the dude on the bottle reminded me of Wildbo.....

IMG_20130223_202604_306.jpg
IMG_20130223_202604_306.jpg (69.2 KiB) Viewed 2038 times
Can NOT go wrong with Bear Republic!

lordhelmut
14ers: 50  21  5 
13ers: 300 60 1
Trip Reports (73)

Post by lordhelmut »

As Wooderson and Presto pointed out a couple pages ago - its a reality. Backpacking just got a whole lot more interesting.