Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals?

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing. Gear Classifieds

Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals?

Postby ThuChad » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:27 am

Starting a post for any good deals people find out there for Black Friday or Cyber Monday. Post them all up here.

I haven't found anything great yet but I'm still looking.
I'm just pretending to be a poseur.

Re: Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals?

Postby denvermikey » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:27 am

About to head out to REI (available online too) for their 50% off all REI brand outerwear. Gonna try to pick up a down jacket.

http://www.rei.com/

Also, The Clymb has some decent deals, sizes are limited on alot of stuff though.

http://www.theclymb.com/?utm_medium=Email&utm_source=ET&utm_campaign=112212+Turkey+Day+Black+Friday+Teaser

-Mike
"Every man dies, not every man really lives" - William Wallace
"Because it's there" - George Mallory
"In the end it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years" - Abraham Lincoln
"You only live once but if you do it right, once is enough" - Mae West
"Climb mountains not so the world can see you, but so you can see the world." - Unknown

Postby Bullwinkle » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:01 am

Here are a couple of good sites that can save you some serious money on a wide variety of products and services.

http://dealnews.com/

http://www.retailmenot.com/
As a mountain more fully reveals itself to a man, so the true nature of the man will be more fully revealed

Postby DaveSwink » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:19 am

denvermikey wrote:About to head out to REI (available online too) for their 50% off all REI brand outerwear. Gonna try to pick up a down jacket.

Wow, the REI AntiFreeze down jacket for just $99 looks like a good but cheap emergency puffy for winter 14er climbing. :-D

Postby Chicago Transplant » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:24 am

If anyone is planning a winter ascent in Chicago Basin, you can get BOGO tickets through 8pm Friday, but you have to book by phone or in person to get the deal: 1-888-TRAIN-07

On November 23 from 8:00am until 8:30pm only, buy one Standard Class ticket and get one free! Valid for trips booked to ride the Cascade Canyon Train for any date January 3- March 9, 2013. (Not valid for special events. Cannot be combined with any other discounts.) Valid for phone or in-person purchases only; not available online

http://www.durangotrain.com/ride-us/cascade-canyon-winter-train
"We want the unpopular challenge. We want to test our intellect!" - Snapcase
"You are not what you own" - Fugazi
"Life's a mountain not a beach" - Fortune Cookie I got at lunch the other day

Postby denvermikey » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:27 am

Wow, the REI AntiFreeze down jacket for just $99 looks like a good but cheap emergency puffy for winter 14er climbing. :-D

Funny you mentioned that...just got home with my new size XL. 700 fill down, zip-off hood, windproof to 50 mph, compressible into included stuff sack...yeah great deal for $99. I would have ordered online but wanted to double check which size to get. Also picked up a nice REI fleece jacket for my son for $19.

http://www.rei.com/product/802247/rei-antifreeze-down-jacket-mens

-Mike
"In the end it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years" - Abraham Lincoln
"Climb mountains not so the world can see you, but so you can see the world." - Unknown

Postby DaveSwink » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:30 am

denvermikey wrote:...just got home with my new size XL. 700 fill down, zip-off hood, windproof to 50 mph, compressible into included stuff sack...yeah great deal for $99. Also picked up a nice REI fleece jacket for my son for $19.

Score! Did you get mobbed by the crazy shoppers? :-D

Postby denvermikey » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:34 am

I think everyone was at Best Buy, WalMart or the mall. There are much bigger crowds at REI for their garage sales than what I came across this morning. Pleasant surprise for sure. I was in and out in 15 minutes.

Postby Johnson » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:00 pm

Picked up a pair of Taku pants at REI for 50% off. Was going to order them online but they didn't have my size.
In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. - Psalm 95:4

"I would be doing myself a disservice and every member of this band if I didn't perform the hell out of this." - Gene

Postby forbins_mtn » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:49 pm

I got the Guide Gloves and Hangfire Hoody from Eddie Bauer this morning. My sister wanted to go to get an 800 fill down sweater.

I couldn't pass up the gloves for 40% off

Postby hikermike » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:03 pm

There are a limited quantity of the DeLorme inReach available on Amazon.com's Black Friday sale. It is only available until sold out or the next 90 minutes (from approx. 2:00PM Mountain Time) for $149.99 which is a pretty good deal.

http://www.amazon.com/DeLorme-AG-008449-201-Satellite-Communicator-Smartphones/dp/B007ZOK6B2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353704459&sr=8-1&keywords=delorme+inreach

Postby NE_Dad » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:09 pm

Element Climbing has 40% off!!! Just bought all the holds I need to start a woody.
"The ability to witness two men stand toe to toe in the spirit of sportsmanship and pummel each other into insensibility is what separates us from the animals." Reverend Jim Ignatowski.

Next