Backcountry Navigator Pro

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Nojabo
Trip Reports (0)

Backcountry Navigator Pro

Post by Nojabo »

Stupid question---i just purchased Backcountry Navigator Pro and I can't figure out how to download gpx route files from 14ers.com into the app. Any suggestions? Thanks.
pmeadco
14ers: 58  2 
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Backcountry Navigator Pro

Post by pmeadco »

Go to 14ers.com in your web browser
Tap on the menu list on the top-right
Select Peaks from the menu
Select 14er Peak Pages from the sub-menu
Select your peak
Tap on Routes under Planning list
Select your route
Scroll down the list list of files (GPX, KML, TOPO!)
Select the format you want (I use KML, a little less busy than GPX, but you can use either)
The file should download to your download directory

Switch to BCN
Tap on the folder icon at the top right
Tap on Import Tracks or Waypoints
The file from 14ers.com should show up in the list, tap the one you want
Determine if you want to save the track into an existing trip database (like "default") or create a new one
Tap Start Import

You're done!
jdorje
14ers: 12 
13ers: 27
Trip Reports (16)

Re: Backcountry Navigator Pro

Post by jdorje »

Off topic, but I strongly recommend downloading both caltopo and openstreetmap (cyclemap) layers.
"I don't think about the past, and the future is a mystery. Only the present matters."