Combo summits

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
huffy13
14ers: 22 
13ers: 8
Trip Reports (30)

Re: Combo summits

Post by huffy13 »

bsclimber wrote:Well I'm back from my climb and got to say I learned that I need to do more. There were about 24 hiking that morning. I was glad to see and talk with a few of them. Only reached Democrat and Cameron. I had to go down because I wasn't makeing good time. I'm old, out of shape and packed too much. Still it felt great to push my limit and make it back. So thanks again for everyone's comments

I remember my first 14er (Elbert) and I too packed way too much for a simple day hike. I had a good pace, mainly because my two partners were experienced and motivated to keep a fast pace just to keep up with them. Still, two down and you can always head back and get them another time...those mountains aren't going anywhere anytime soon.
Seems like the times that I need a mountain the most are the times that I can not get to them.
MtnLover
14ers: 10 
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Combo summits

Post by MtnLover »

A few weeks ago, I did Bross, Lincoln and Cameron, like you I realized I needed to stop and go back and get Democrat another day. Hopefully I get back there in a few weeks to pick it up. Good job though, congratulations!!