Breakfast in Alamosa

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Michaeldadof4
14ers: 19 
Trip Reports (0)

Breakfast in Alamosa

Post by Michaeldadof4 »

On Labor Day, my buds and I will be driving from Memphis, Tennessee to climb Kit Carson and Challenger. We should arrive in Alamosa around breakfast on Tuesday morning. What is the best mom and pop place to get a hearty breakfast?
Exiled Michigander
14ers: 58  7 
Trip Reports (20)

Re: Breakfast in Alamosa

Post by Exiled Michigander »

I'd say hit Lu's in Blanca, CO on the way through--pretty solid green chili, breakfast burritos, etc. That will save you the time of navigating around Alamosa in the morning. But on your way back you should hit the True Grit Steakhouse in Alamosa for a post-summit steak.

Good luck on Challenger/K.C. Willow Lake is a sacred place. Hopefully the canoe is still up there so you can take a lake tour. The Camp Gladiator mess from a few years ago (which will forever live in infamy) should be all cleaned up now.