Steve Gladbach-Spreading of his Ashes

Please, no analysis or debate in this sub-forum. This is for memorial threads only.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
d_baker
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 348 11
Trip Reports (59)

Re: Steve Gladbach-Spreading of his Ashes

Post by d_baker »

Britt, where is the landing zone? (i.e., how far from the parking lot at Maroon Lake?)
globreal
14ers: 58  1  26 
13ers: 198 2 6
Trip Reports (61)

Post by globreal »

d_baker wrote:Britt, where is the landing zone? (i.e., how far from the parking lot at Maroon Lake?)
Darin,

See the photo for where the "landing zone" is. This is where the underground restrooms are….right under this grassy area.

But please note, we are all meeting from 3-7pm at the East Maroon Portal Picnic (3 miles south of landing zone, See previous post UPDATE FROM NONA). We will all go up to the landing zone together.
Attachments
Landing-Zone.jpg
Landing-Zone.jpg (212.89 KiB) Viewed 3528 times
globreal
Trip Reports (61)

Post by globreal »

I just realized that the initial post (now edited) about this gathering on June 7th, showed it starting at 11am. It was changed to 3-7pm. If you know anyone who is coming, could you please make sure they have the correct time and the gathering location?

Please see UPDATE FROM NONA on Page 2.

Thanks.
Dad Mike
14ers: 58  5  58 
13ers: 349 3 77
Trip Reports (59)

Post by Dad Mike »

Hey Britt. I am planning on being there if I can get away from work.
MonGoose
14ers: 58  16  17 
13ers: 51 11 1
Trip Reports (16)

Post by MonGoose »

I will be attending Steve's Memorial on Saturday.
SpringsHiker
14ers: 58 
13ers: 56
Trip Reports (1)

Post by SpringsHiker »

Britt, as it stands right now, I am not going to be able to attend. If I can adjust commitments so that I can go I will let you know.
"I am not a fizzy yellow beer drinking ninny!"
globreal
Trip Reports (61)

Post by globreal »

Dear Climbing Community,

Nona asked me for an approximate list of those coming this Saturday to Aspen for this Gladbach family gathering and the spreading of Steve's ashes. Below is what I gleaned from this thread. Please correct if you see an error. Thanks.

Britt Jones
Jeff Golden
Sam Sala
Ryan Kushner
Eric Sanqueza
Ian & Dorthe
Darin Baker
Michael Colson (myfeetrock)
Paul Perea
Jodi O'Hara + 1
Craig (giarch)
Tim (glove221)
Shawn & Kathy Donnely
John Froshaug & Willadee Hitchcock
Ryan Richardson
Dave Mattingly
Mike Silvestro
Nick Gianoutsos
Last edited by globreal on Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zdero1
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 85 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by zdero1 »

My wife and I hope to be there.
kushrocks
14ers: 58  25 
13ers: 65 2
Trip Reports (5)

Post by kushrocks »

See you all there.
“The best climber in the world is the one who is having all the fun.” – Alex Lowe
" Don’t be afraid to move out of your comfort zone. Some of your best life experiences and opportunities will transpire only after you dare to loose."
d_baker
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 348 11
Trip Reports (59)

Post by d_baker »

June 6 is Steve's birthday....an important day for all of us that knew him and called him friend, brother, father, mentor...but most importantly, an all around great guy. Thank you Steve, and Happy Birthday, please look down on us from your summit on your birthday and know we love you and miss you.
glove221
Trip Reports (0)

Post by glove221 »

Unfortunately I will not be there, I am still deployed and will not be back till Sunday.
kushrocks
14ers: 58  25 
13ers: 65 2
Trip Reports (5)

Post by kushrocks »

For those going just mention that you are going for the memorial at the ranger station and you wont be charged the fee to get in.
“The best climber in the world is the one who is having all the fun.” – Alex Lowe
" Don’t be afraid to move out of your comfort zone. Some of your best life experiences and opportunities will transpire only after you dare to loose."