Steve Gladbach-Spreading of his Ashes

Please, no analysis or debate in this sub-forum. This is for memorial threads only.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
globreal
14ers: 58  1  26 
13ers: 198 2 6
Trip Reports (61)

Steve Gladbach-Spreading of his Ashes

Post by globreal »

The Gladbach family will be spreading Steve's ashes this summer up at the landing zone by the Maroon Bells. This landing zone location is up at the Maroon Lake trailhead/parking lot, off to the right (southwest) where the underground bathroom is.

It will be on Saturday, June 7, 2014 at 3-7pm. Anyone interested in attending is welcomed.

There will be a potluck/picnic gathering. PLEASE SEE UPDATE FROM NONA on Page 2 in this thread.

Nona mentioned that if anyone would like some of Steve's ashes to climb and spread on Maroon Peak, North Maroon, or Pyramid (or any of the other surrounding peaks) to come early to receive some.
Last edited by globreal on Wed May 28, 2014 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SurfNTurf
14ers: 58  28 
13ers: 127 7
Trip Reports (48)

Re: Steve Gladbach-Spreading of his Ashes

Post by SurfNTurf »

Thanks for sharing, Britt. It's on the calendar and nothing could possibly usurp it.
“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper
Steve Climber
14ers: 27  3 
13ers: 30
Trip Reports (11)

Post by Steve Climber »

SurfNTurf wrote:Thanks for sharing, Britt. It's on the calendar and nothing could possibly usurp it.
+1
Dave B wrote:And/or line thy helmet with tin foil and realize this is a freaking mountaineering website.
Steve Climber wrote:So that's your backpack, huh?
kushrocks
14ers: 58  25 
13ers: 65 2
Trip Reports (5)

Post by kushrocks »

aboynamedmargrette wrote:
SurfNTurf wrote:Thanks for sharing, Britt. It's on the calendar and nothing could possibly usurp it.
+1
Yep, not a chance I will miss this.
“The best climber in the world is the one who is having all the fun.” – Alex Lowe
" Don’t be afraid to move out of your comfort zone. Some of your best life experiences and opportunities will transpire only after you dare to loose."
Gueza
14ers: 58  58  21 
13ers: 43 19
Trip Reports (15)

Post by Gueza »

I'll be there.
Good luck breeds bad habits.
MountainHiker
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 109
Trip Reports (7)

Post by MountainHiker »

We'll be there.
Red, Rugged, and Rotten: The Elk Range - Borneman & Lampert
d_baker
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 348 11
Trip Reports (59)

Post by d_baker »

I'll be there. At that time, there should still be snow to climb so maybe we can make some snow angels for Steve and his ashes.
myfeetrock
14ers: 37  1 
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (0)

Post by myfeetrock »

I'll plan to be there.
Perea
14ers: 58  7 
13ers: 150 1
Trip Reports (26)

Post by Perea »

I'm in
JLOHARA
14ers: 58 
13ers: 14
Trip Reports (0)

Post by JLOHARA »

I will be there.

Jodi
giarcd
14ers: 22 
13ers: 8
Trip Reports (15)

Post by giarcd »

I will be present for sure!
SpringsHiker
14ers: 58 
13ers: 56
Trip Reports (1)

Post by SpringsHiker »

I will plan to attend, just working around a potential conflict.
"I am not a fizzy yellow beer drinking ninny!"