Dancesatmoonrise Memorial

Please, no analysis or debate in this sub-forum. This is for memorial threads only.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Laujan
Trip Reports (0)

Dancesatmoonrise Memorial

Post by Laujan »

We will be having a Celebration of Life in memory of Jim DiNapoli on Saturday, May 3rd.
We will have a gathering in the Garden of the Gods at 3:00pm. Park in the north lot and we will gather in the small circle area about half way down the path (past the rest rooms) on the left. The Gardens were his favorite place to be so it seems only fitting to start there.
Rock Climbers of Colorado Springs will be out climbing that day in his memory as well. Details can be found on their Meetup site.

We will also be having an evening gathering - location TBD, starting around 5-6:00pm.
We are going to put together a video & slide show of Jim, so if you have favorite photos of him, please email them to me at ljjanca@yahoo.com.
We will have light snacks, refreshments and most likely some kind of drinks (beer & wine) will be offered for purchase.
If you shared the love of music as Jim did and play an instrument, please bring it and share your gift. It's what Jim would have done and we know he would be down with a nice jam session.

We are trying to get an approximate head count on how many will attend, so please reply if you can make it. No need to reply if you can not come.

Thank you all for your previous posts and we hope to see you there to share some fun memories of a remarkable man!

Laura
Last edited by Laujan on Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
globreal
14ers: 58  1  26 
13ers: 198 2 6
Trip Reports (61)

Re: Dancesatmoonrise Memorial

Post by globreal »

Laujan wrote:For those who have been wondering or asked the question....

We will be having a Celebration of Life in memory of Jim DiNapoli on Saturday, May 3rd.
We will have a gathering in the Garden of the Gods at 3:00pm. Park in the north lot and we will gather in the small circle area about half way down the path (past the rest rooms) on the left. The Gardens were his favorite place to be so it seems only fitting to start there.
Rock Climbers of Colorado Springs will be out climbing that day in his memory as well. Details can be found on their Meetup site.

We will also be having an evening gathering - location TBD, starting around 6:00pm.
We are going to put together a video & slide show of Jim, so if you have favorite photos of him, please email them to me at ljjanca@yahoo.com.
We will have light snacks and refreshments. Most likely some kind of drinks (beer & wine) will be offered for purchase.
If you shared the love of music as Jim did and play an instrument, please bring it and share your gift. It's what Jim would have done and we know a little jam session is what he would want.

We are trying to get an approximate head count on how many will attend, so please reply if you can make it. No need to reply if you can not come.

Thank you all for your previous posts and we hope to see you there to share some fun memories of a remarkable man!

Laura
Laura,
Thanks for posting.
I am planning to attend all three events on May 3:
--rock climbing at Garden of the Gods in the morning with the RCCS Meetup group
--attending the 3pm Celebration at the circle
--coming to the evening gathering
Jay521
14ers: 42  10 
13ers: 175 22
Trip Reports (56)

Post by Jay521 »

I will be there for the 3PM celebration and the evening gathering.
I take the mountain climber's approach to housekeeping - don't look down
doggler
14ers: 57  8 
13ers: 162 7
Trip Reports (25)

Post by doggler »

I'll be there.
randalmartin
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 48 2
Trip Reports (13)

Post by randalmartin »

I will be there for the 3PM celebration and the evening gathering.
shearmodulus
14ers: 18  1  1 
Trip Reports (6)

Post by shearmodulus »

What the deuce???

I saw him in the fall... What happened?

Life is clearly too short. :-(
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads...."
d_baker
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 348 11
Trip Reports (59)

Post by d_baker »

See this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=42745#p521333
shearmodulus wrote: I saw him in the fall... What happened?

Life is clearly too short. :-(
ameristrat
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 30
Trip Reports (9)

Post by ameristrat »

I will be out of town at a family function that weekend and won't be able to make the memorial. My prayers will be with all of Jim's friends who have gathered to celebrate his life.
You cannot stay on the summit forever; you have to come down again. So why bother in the first place? Just this: What is above knows what is below, but what is below does not know what is above. One climbs, one sees. One descends, one sees no longer, but one has seen. There is an art of conducting oneself in the lower regions by the memory of what one saw higher up. When one can no longer see, one can at least still know. - Rene Daumal
globreal
Trip Reports (61)

Post by globreal »

Laujan wrote: We are going to put together a video & slide show of Jim, so if you have favorite photos of him, please email them to me at ljjanca@yahoo.com.
As Laura mentioned, I am going to edit a tribute video together for the May 3rd evening gathering. If you have any photos of, or with Jim, please email them to Laura ASAP. I am starting on the editing today.

Thanks.
JLOHARA
14ers: 58 
13ers: 14
Trip Reports (0)

Post by JLOHARA »

Steve and I + grand baby will be there @ 3:00. Is this the same spot Terry's memorial was?
hop2it
14ers: 16 
Trip Reports (1)

Post by hop2it »

I'll be there for the 3Pm Celebration of Life memorial and also for evening gathering. My mom will be in town during that time, so she will more than likely be with me as well.

Jacqueline
globreal
Trip Reports (61)

Post by globreal »

JLOHARA wrote:Steve and I + grand baby will be there @ 3:00. Is this the same spot Terry's memorial was?
Yes Jodi. Same rock circle just about 100 yards south of the north parking lot.

I look forward to seeing you and Steve…and that little one!