Dancesatmoonrise Memorial

Please, no analysis or debate in this sub-forum. This is for memorial threads only.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Laujan
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Dancesatmoonrise Memorial

Post by Laujan »

For those attending the Celebration of Life on May 3rd, we will gather from 6pm-9pm. Please email for the location... ljjanca@yahoo.com or britt@globalreality.biz.
As a reminder, the Celebration will begin at 3pm in the Garden of the Gods. Park in the north lot and walk down the path to the circle on your left. We will have a memorial type gathering here for about an hour. This will give you all a chance to go grab some dinner or clean up before heading to the evening gathering.

Call if you have any questions 337-3786.

Looking forward to seeing you all!

Laura
CarpeDM
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 350 13
Trip Reports (10)

Post by CarpeDM »

I plan to be there for rock climbing and the 3pm Celebration.
"This route is awesome; you can bring all your favorite holds home with you!" - Cedar Wright
"Experience is the hardest kind of teacher. It gives you the test first and the lesson afterward." - Oscar Wilde
"I just wanna live the life I please; I don't want no enemies; I don't want nothing if I have to fake it
Never take nothing don't belong to me; everything's paid for; nothing's free; If I give my heart will you promise not to break it?" - Lucinda Williams
timstich
14ers: 11 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by timstich »

I'll be at Garden of the Gods sometime after 12:30 as I have to work that morning. See you all around 3:00 PM.
globreal
14ers: 58  1  26 
13ers: 198 2 6
Trip Reports (61)

Post by globreal »

timstich wrote:I'll be at Garden of the Gods sometime after 12:30 as I have to work that morning. See you all around 3:00 PM.
Tim, or others, who are coming this Saturday to the May 3rd rock climbing in honor of Jim, and who will be arriving after 10am, feel free to call my cell phone for our location.

719-661-4777

Also, I have prepared a video tribute to show at the 6pm gathering. For those of Jim's close friends who would like a digital copy of the video, I'll be happy to copy it over for you. Please come to the 6pm gathering with a 1GB (or larger) flash drive. The high def file is 887MB.

Britt
hop2it
14ers: 16 
Trip Reports (1)

Post by hop2it »

Britt, I would love to have a copy of the tribute to Jim, if you don't mind making a copy for me ??
globreal
Trip Reports (61)

Post by globreal »

hop2it wrote:Britt, I would love to have a copy of the tribute to Jim, if you don't mind making a copy for me ??
Happy to….just bring a flash drive or even a blank DVD.
hop2it
14ers: 16 
Trip Reports (1)

Post by hop2it »

Thanks ! I'll bring a DVD
NM_Hiker
Trip Reports (0)

Post by NM_Hiker »

First off I'm a noob to this forum. After lurking for a few years I decided to join up. Thanks Bill, this website is awesome!

With that out of the way, have any of you thought about petitioning to name a trail after Jim?

I never met Jim but reading his trip reports and replies to others' trip reports, he was very fond of the outdoors and helping others succeed in reaching their hiking/climbing goals. The latter in my opinion, aside from his actual presence, is dearly missed and I feel is worthy enough to be considered for a trail naming suggestion.

Just my two cents.
shearmodulus
14ers: 18  1  1 
Trip Reports (6)

Post by shearmodulus »

I wish I could make it, but my final weekend field problem for my Mountaineering Leadership Class is this weekend.

We're training on St. Mary's Glacier and climbing James Peak. I'll post or PM you a tribute picture from the summit if you could be so kind as to add it to the memorial pictures.
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads...."
globreal
Trip Reports (61)

Post by globreal »

Those of you going to the 10am climbing in the morning, PLEASE NOTE this from the Meetup Group:

Your Organizer, Bill, sent the following message to some members of Rock Climbers of Colorado Springs:

Due to a race in the Garden of the Gods on Saturday morning, I've changed the start time for this event to 10:30. The head ranger informed me today that car access into the park would not be available until at least 10:00 am, when the racing event ends.

I've updated this Meetup. For more details, see the full listing:
http://www.meetup.com/Rock-Climbers-of- ... 177763802/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, I've come down with a cold and mostly won't be coming to the climbing event. :-(
Summit Lounger
14ers: 58  58 
13ers: 376 4
Trip Reports (12)

Post by Summit Lounger »

I will be there for the memorial at 3pm and the 6pm gathering at Jim's house.
SenadR
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 193 3
Trip Reports (0)

Post by SenadR »

Farewell to Jim.....