Dancesatmoonrise Tribute Video

Please, no analysis or debate in this sub-forum. This is for memorial threads only.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Jay521
14ers: 42  10 
13ers: 175 22
Trip Reports (56)

Re: Dancesatmoonrise Tribute Video

Post by Jay521 »

rickinco123 wrote:That's for some of you who may have climbed with Jim. From his descriptions, he really enjoyed his climbing partners.
Jim was a "one of a kind" kinda guy. He enjoyed his climbing partners, his climbs, his life... I was very fortunate to do a few climbs with him but more importantly, I was fortunate enough to be his friend. And like all his friends (and he had a LOT of them), I will miss him.
I take the mountain climber's approach to housekeeping - don't look down
unclegar
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 27
Trip Reports (9)

Post by unclegar »

Very nice and well done, Britt. Thank you!
...the mountain peaks belong to Him. -- PS 95:4

“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.”
― Charles M. Schulz
rajz06
14ers: 27  4 
13ers: 100
Trip Reports (63)

Post by rajz06 »

Thanks for a touching tribute Britt. Jim clearly lived many lifetimes in just one short one - reminds me of the saying, "Life Is Not Measured by the Breaths You Take but by the Moments That Take Your Breath Away". As Jay said, fortunate indeed are those who knew him as a climber and friend. For the rest of us, a few fleeting memories and celebrations such as this will have to suffice.
caverdude
14ers: 37  2 
13ers: 16 2
Trip Reports (2)

Post by caverdude »

That was so incredibly awesome! Very well done and a fitting tribute for a well respected person and climber. I did not personally know Jim, but have shared this video with some of his long time friends in AZ.
His photography was truly amazing!

Pat
MountainHiker
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 109
Trip Reports (7)

Post by MountainHiker »

Thank you Britt for putting together such a great video. I didn't know Jim although we probably met at a gathering. This is a wonderful compilation showing a very full life.
Red, Rugged, and Rotten: The Elk Range - Borneman & Lampert
CBReno
Trip Reports (0)

Post by CBReno »

Thank you for a wonderful video and tribute to his life. I knew Jim back in 1983-84. It was amazing to see that he had not changed much in all these years. We did a lot of skiing together and he was impossible to keep up with even though he was on tele skis and I was alpine skiing. He had an amazing style and was fun to watch. He taught me a lot about skiing, pushing my limits just a bit but not too much and about medicine. I also worked with him when he was a resident. From what I have seen and read, he continued to touch lives and make the world a better place. I am sure his beautiful smile and crazy antics are greatly missed.

God bless you Jim. I will see you again someday.

I apologize for any redundancy, I posted earlier but it appears that it did not go through.
SpringsHiker
14ers: 58 
13ers: 56
Trip Reports (1)

Post by SpringsHiker »

Wow. Just wow. Thanks Britt. I never got to climb or hike with Jim but we talked numerous times about getting out together. I sure regret never having had that chance. He was a celebration of the life with his many passions and his absence is felt.
"I am not a fizzy yellow beer drinking ninny!"
oldschool
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (23)

Post by oldschool »

Was I supposed to cry during the video? Well I did......

I climbed with Jim on a few occasions. I always enjoyed the company. He bandaged me up on Ellingwood Point after I tripped up and cut the palm of my hand badly. Jim to my rescue.

One photo caught my eye hard. A picture of Jim and Steve G. Each one of these climbers has made me a better man. Thank you guys.
Last edited by oldschool on Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There's a feeling I get when I look to the West and my spirit is crying for leaving" Led Zeppelin
bjkent76
14ers: 50  1 
13ers: 10
Trip Reports (0)

Post by bjkent76 »

What an incredible tribute. This video is a wonderful representation of a life lived to the fullest. While I only knew of Jim through this website, it is clear he will be deeply missed by this community and many others.

Rest in peace Jim.
SikYou
14ers: 24 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (0)

Post by SikYou »

Awesome Britt, thank you!
I'm slower than Scott P.