Dancesatmoonrise Tribute Video

Please, no analysis or debate in this sub-forum. This is for memorial threads only.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
globreal
14ers: 58  1  26 
13ers: 198 2 6
Trip Reports (61)

Dancesatmoonrise Tribute Video

Post by globreal »

There was a tribute video produced and shown at Jim's CELEBRATION OF LIFE event last Saturday. If you missed it, you can click on the YouTube screen below. If you prefer to watch the video full screen, go to YouTube.com and search "Jim DiNapoli Tribute Video" or you can copy and paste this into your browser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3R5ksNfMfU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Then click on the icon that looks like a picture frame in the lower right hand corner of the viewer window.

Enjoy seeing some of the many talents of Jim DiNapoli!

Jay521
14ers: 42  10 
13ers: 175 22
Trip Reports (56)

Re: Dancesatmoonrise Tribute Video

Post by Jay521 »

You did a great job putting that video together, Britt. Thank you so very much.
I take the mountain climber's approach to housekeeping - don't look down
High_On_Thin_Air
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 16
Trip Reports (0)

Post by High_On_Thin_Air »

Great job with the video! Although I never had the opportunity to meet or hike with him, his trip reports and stunning photographs always made me smile and gave me a leg up when heading out into the mountains. Admittedly, the video got me choked up a bit, seeing how happy he looked and all the friends that he had to share great memories with is quite inspiring.
My deepest condolences to Jim's family and friends and all those that didn't get the chance to meet such a great character in our 14er community. May his memory forever live on!
randalmartin
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 48 2
Trip Reports (13)

Post by randalmartin »

Thanks for putting this up Britt. I enjoyed being there Saturday for the Garden of the Gods gathering and reception afterwards. It was emotional but uplifting to hear everyone's input on their experiences with Jim. Jim was a tremendously multifaceted guy. ER Doctor, Jazz Pianist and Guitar player, Mountaineer, Rock Climber, Photographer, Road Bicyclist.....and he was not just a participant in those activities, but very very good at them. I'll miss him.
MonGoose
14ers: 58  16  17 
13ers: 51 11 1
Trip Reports (16)

Post by MonGoose »

Very well done, Britt. Thanks for the wonderful tribute to Jim.
HULKHIKEGOOD
14ers: 19 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (2)

Post by HULKHIKEGOOD »

Wow, what a great video and tribute! That man had one infectious smile, you could just tell he loved and celebrated the time he had on this earth. I never got the chance to meet him but, like many others, I always enjoyed reading his trip reports. To his family and those of you who knew him, I am deeply sorry for your loss.
Big Schwimm
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 41
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Big Schwimm »

Wow . . . that was spectacular
The Mountains make us all feel small . . .
MtnHub
14ers: 28 
13ers: 23
Trip Reports (50)

Post by MtnHub »

Nicely done! Thanks for sharing it!
EatinHardtack
14ers: 42  20  3 
13ers: 79 32 2
Trip Reports (8)

Post by EatinHardtack »

I never knew that Jim possessed that musical talent. Sorry to see him go. Thanks Britt.
"In our youths our hearts were touched with fire" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
FireOnTheMountain
14ers: 53  1  23 
13ers: 269 29
Trip Reports (23)

Post by FireOnTheMountain »

wow.

very much enjoyed the video and music.

Rest in Peace Jim.
Everyday is a G r A t E f U L Day here in the ID...?
mtn_nut
14ers: 58  14 
13ers: 35 1
Trip Reports (5)

Post by mtn_nut »

Great Video. I was happy to see that a few photos i took of him showed up in it.

RIP Jim
rickinco123
14ers: 8 
Trip Reports (3)

Post by rickinco123 »

A lot of depth there, wish I had met him.

Here is a quote from a funny PM he sent me regarding mountaineering and keeping your head when things get difficult.
These young guys, they make your ego come out, and you want to be "badass" just like them - and with a lot more experience on them, often you can - but it's easy to lose your head.
That's for some of you who may have climbed with Jim. From his descriptions, he really enjoyed his climbing partners. Wish I could have been one of them.