Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Wetterhorn/Uncompahgre - Last weekend of winter?

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Wetterhorn/Uncompahgre - Last weekend of winter?

Postby Dancesatmoonrise » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:42 pm

Edit, January 17, 2013:

My apologies; Steve and I will not be hosting a Winter Gathering on Wetterhorn this year.

-Jim
Last edited by Dancesatmoonrise on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:20 am, edited 6 times in total.

Re: Save the Date - Winter Gathering - Wetterhorn/Uncompahgr

Postby forbins_mtn » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:07 am

great choice! officially on my calendar

Postby I Man » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:13 am

Thanks for posting, Jim.

I'll be hiking in Saturday and going for Uncompaghre on Sunday.

Postby Bean » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:21 am

Put it on the calendar, may or may not make it.

FYI, it looks like 3/16/2013 is National Corndog Day.
gdthomas wrote:Bean, you're an idiot.

http://throughpolarizedeyes.com

Postby AndYouSeeMe » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:26 am

Bean wrote:Put it on the calendar, may or may not make it.

FYI, it looks like 3/16/2013 is National Corndog Day.

I'll start the "Corndog Fryer on a 14er!" thread now. I will help carry the stuff up there but I am not going to be the one to wait around for a few hours for the oil to cool down afterwards.

This sounds like a good, wholesome way to spend St Patty's day weekend, I hope to make it.

Postby Scott P » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:44 am

Count Kessler and I in, unless the weather is unreasonable. I may bring Kim and Shaylee (Kessler's little sister) as well, though if they go they may not go for the summits.
I'm slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.

Postby metalmountain » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:26 am

Count me in!
"The greatest battle is not physical but psychological. The demons telling us to give up when we push ourselves to the limit can never be silenced for good. They must always be answered by the quiet, steady dignity that simply refuses to give in. Courage. We all suffer. Keep going." - Graeme Fife

"I found that nothing truly matters, that you cannot find for free." - The Gaslight Anthem

Postby SurfNTurf » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:29 am

Hey now, I thought the 2012 Gathering was on Mt. Massive? Just because it was canceled due to a -25 wind chill doesn't mean a few of us didn't still gather. [-( It's not like I'm bitter because the Holy Cross thing was never advertised or anything.

404796_969360971086_1831807514_n.jpg
404796_969360971086_1831807514_n.jpg (76.27 KiB) Viewed 1174 times

Count me in for Wetterhorn/Uncompahgre. They were on my wish list for this winter anyway.
Many Miles to Go (Blog)

“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper

Postby Brian Thomas » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:48 am

SurfNTurf wrote:Count me in for Wetterhorn/Uncompahgre. They were on my wish list for this winter anyway.

I would like to collect calendar winter snowflake checklist icons for these peaks too.
"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them" - Bob Dylan

Postby bergsteigen » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:05 am

Count me in. Let's hope the peaks are more skiable than the last time I was in the area in winter!

Postby metalmountain » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:59 am

I Man wrote:
metalmountain wrote:
l Man wrote:How many of my snowflakes actually count from last winter?

All of them but yours.

LOL whoever that is fooled you James! Look at their post count :-D I wonder who has the spare time to waste on this :lol:

But to put this somewhat back on topic, this should be a great weekend. Let's hope we get an actual winter this year to go along with it. [-o<
"The greatest battle is not physical but psychological. The demons telling us to give up when we push ourselves to the limit can never be silenced for good. They must always be answered by the quiet, steady dignity that simply refuses to give in. Courage. We all suffer. Keep going." - Graeme Fife

"I found that nothing truly matters, that you cannot find for free." - The Gaslight Anthem

Postby aliciaf » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:16 am

I'm tentatively in. Have it down on my calendar!!

Next