Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Anyone rather climb than sleep tonight?

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Anyone rather climb than sleep tonight?

Postby jswiftcervelo » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:01 pm

I didn't get a workout today and happen to have tomorrow off - Also due to mechanical reasons I've got a car from 9:00 tonight through 1:00 tomorrow. Since its nice (relatively I just came off a blizzard on Silverheels) anyone want to climb now? As is I'd like to be back at the TH around 10 to give some cushion on car timing (my Mom needs it to get to work). So yes... a little night climbing involved.

I was thinking something in the front range so everything would be quick - yes I'm being impulsive :roll:

(That's the plan but if I could mooch a ride I have all day...)
Winter only :) Cycling only March-late October... Mountaineering = awesome cross-training

Re: Anyone rather climb than sleep tonight?

Postby B[3] » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:27 pm

Have fun! I went up Mt. Parnassus and Bard Peak today and was amazed at how little snow there was--I had expected more after last weekend's storm. It was a bit windy all day (I got blown over at least twice), so if you go to the Front Range you might want to prepare for wind. :-D
Learn from the mistakes of others--you can never live long enough to make them all yourself.--Unknown
Don't chase your dreams, catch them.--Unknown

Postby jswiftcervelo » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:33 pm

Yeah was up on Silverheels this Saturday and snow was a complete non-issue. We did end up in a blizzard so I'll just bring the same gear and it should be all good.

Still thinking about what to do with this one - maybe even a rental...
Winter only :) Cycling only March-late October... Mountaineering = awesome cross-training

Postby nyker » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:59 pm

This is why I love this site...If I asked most of my friends this, they would think I am nuts, but I would definitely have climbed something at night in lieu of a good workout (assuming I was off the next day)!