Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Saturday ice climbing

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Saturday ice climbing

Postby rpb13 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:43 pm

I'm kinda jonesing for some ice climbing on Saturday. I know Lincoln Falls is in nice shape from having been there a week ago, or I'd be up for something else. I've got rope, screws etc and could lead pitches if need be. Anyone interested?

Re: Saturday ice climbing

Postby JayH » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:37 pm

just now saw this--was looking to get up but going to north table tomorrow instead--would be very interested to go up next weekend though, let me know if that works...

Postby rpb13 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:52 pm

I wound up slogging up Mt Ouray to bag another 13er instead. I'd definitely be interested in next weekend.

Postby JayH » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:16 pm

So, don't know how things are looking up there for this weekend with the recent warm temps and the forecast snow, but thinking I'm willing to give it a go...

--sunday would be better for us, and I've never been anywhere but Ouray, so I'm open for just about anything--I guess my pref. wuold be for a shorter approach over a longer approach though, just to maximize ice time and not get back home too late.

planning to go to the HH at falling rock tomorrow, so maybe we can discuss there over beers if anyone wants

--fyi, cross-posting in the Front Range Ice Conditions 2012/2013 thread also, probably best to keep the discussion in that thread:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=38072

try again:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=38072&p=465111#p460099

hmmm, can't seem to get the link to the other thread to post...