Silverheels

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
cutter8470
Trip Reports (0)

Silverheels

Post by cutter8470 »

Hello all! I am gearing up for the climbing season and am looking at doing Silverheels. Does anyone have any idea on the conditions there right now. And any tips for this hike would be greatly appreciated!
"But friendship is precious, not only in the shade, but in the sunshine of life, and thanks to a benevolent arrangement the greater part of life is sunshine."

Thomas Jefferson

"Do not speak- unless it improves on silence"

Buddha
Jim Davies
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 67
Trip Reports (5)

Re: Silverheels

Post by Jim Davies »

I drove over Hoosier Pass this afternoon and happened to look it over. I was surprised at how little snow there was on that side of the mountain; it's probably less than 50% covered, at least as much as I could see. It's possible that all routes from Hoosier will require going through a valley filled with snow-covered willows, though, so take this with a grain of salt... :D
Climbing at altitude is like hitting your head against a brick wall — it's great when you stop. -- Chris Darwin
I'm pretty tired. I think I'll go home now. -- Forrest Gump
cutter8470
Trip Reports (0)

Post by cutter8470 »

Anyone been by hoosier pass this week? How much snow is there?
Thanks
"But friendship is precious, not only in the shade, but in the sunshine of life, and thanks to a benevolent arrangement the greater part of life is sunshine."

Thomas Jefferson

Buddha
Smokey
14ers: 58 
13ers: 82 4
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Smokey »

I was up on silverheels yesterday. The snow was not very deep but the wind was crazy. I saw nothing above treeline. Have fun up there
cutter8470
Trip Reports (0)

Post by cutter8470 »

Thanks alot for the update and I will! 8)

Thomas Jefferson

Buddha