Parry, Eva, Bancroft, St. Marys Conditions

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Carl
14ers: 58  58 
13ers: 30
Trip Reports (32)

Re: Parry, Eva, Bancroft, St. Marys Conditions

Post by Carl »

glacierPaul wrote:Wesley,
I will head up Hillside, to Hilltop and see how far over I can go. Memorial Weekend it was still not passable at the top of Hilltop, but it has been sunny and nice up here, in fact one of our 3 frozen water mains has opened up finally. I will get some pic's of the entire area and post.
Please don't go up there just for me. Although I will admit you were the only person on this forum that I thought may have actually driven that road recently! The way my weekend is coming together I may end up waiting a week to head up there anyway.
glacierPaul
Trip Reports (0)

Post by glacierPaul »

Forecast says around 6" for Saturday. We will most likely have thundersnow conditions, gotta love snow and lightning. I actually did not get home early enough last night, and it was raining with lightning. I will still get up and over Hilltop and see how far Kingston Peak road takes me, and let you know. No worries on "going up just for you", Wesley, you are only another good reason to go, I usually do regular rounds of our entire area anyways.
JonW
14ers: 14 
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (0)

Post by JonW »

I thinking of doing the East Ridge of Mount Bancroft tomorrow and was wondering if there's any snow up there. I was hoping to do the entire thing in my approach shoes and I don't know much the ridge and notch melt out in the summer.

Thanks.