What peak is just south of South Massive?

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
smham33
14ers: 8 
Trip Reports (0)

What peak is just south of South Massive?

Post by smham33 »

Looking at this following picture, what is the peak on the far left? I know from right to left it's North Massive, Massive, South Massive, but I don't know what the one on the far left is.

http://www.14ers.com/photos/peakphoto.p ... 8&start=12" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We climbed Massive yesterday, but didn't like the long flat hike on the Colorado trail where you circle around the first two peaks. Is there a route that goes up the peak on the far left, and then continues up South Massive and Massive?

Thanks!
randalmartin
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 48 2
Trip Reports (13)

Re: What peak is just south of South Massive?

Post by randalmartin »

I have the Nat Geo 24k maps of Colorado. It is simply referenced with an elevation of 13,630 but is not officially named.
smham33
14ers: 8 
Trip Reports (0)

Re: What peak is just south of South Massive?

Post by smham33 »

randalmartin wrote:I have the Nat Geo 24k maps of Colorado. It is simply referenced with an elevation of 13,630 but is not officially named.
Interesting, thanks. Maybe I'll call dibs on it, haha. I've always wanted a mountain named after me!