Weminuche Peaks

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
MtHurd
14ers: 57  4 
13ers: 29
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Weminuche Peaks

Post by MtHurd »

Let me know what the saddle to get from Vestal Basin to Trinity Lake is like. I got pretty close coming down off of East Trinity but I couldn't tell if it would be difficult to get over with a backpack. It looked like it, but it's hard to tell until you try it. I can send you a pic of Leviathan and Vallecito from Silex if you want. That may help you to see if there is a route from that side.
reshp1
14ers: 13 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by reshp1 »

Barry Raven wrote:Let me know what the saddle to get from Vestal Basin to Trinity Lake is like. I got pretty close coming down off of East Trinity but I couldn't tell if it would be difficult to get over with a backpack. It looked like it, but it's hard to tell until you try it. I can send you a pic of Leviathan and Vallecito from Silex if you want. That may help you to see if there is a route from that side.
We won't be heading into Vestal Basin unfortunately, for the same reason that I wasn't sure how bad getting over the head of the cirque to Trinity Lake would be with a pack. We may make an attempt on East Trinity from Trinity Lake though, I'll let you know how that goes.

We're probably doing Levianthan from the other side although the north face looks like a hell of a climb.
mongobbq
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mongobbq »

Any word on how the traverse from Sunlight Lake to Chicago basin went??