Stupid Boulder Watershed

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
tmathews
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Stupid Boulder Watershed

Post by tmathews »

mattb528 wrote:All the researchers have big backpacks and GPS so I really don't think it would be too difficult to blend in. I'm not too familiar with the route up the 13ers in the watershed. Would you be starting at the Mountain Research Station? You will definitely pass a lot of researchers that way. I think you can also access them from the Lake Isabelle area (I think), and in that case you might have to hop a fence to get in the watershed. After that you probably wouldn't see many people.
Sounds like all you need to do to look innocuous is stop every once in awhile and look like you're taking measurements or something on your GPS, Dave. ;)
ChrisRoberts
14ers: 12 
13ers: 10
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ChrisRoberts »

You could just use my 'hike way faster than they can pursue' method. Hasn't failed me yet(knock on wood).
Some rise, some fall, some climb to get to terrapin
NoCoChris: Now with less Colorado!
lordhelmut
14ers: 50  21  5 
13ers: 300 60 1
Trip Reports (73)

Post by lordhelmut »

49ers -

Just print out a route description of Navajo and play dumb if need be.

But according to Mattb528, doesn't sound like its as patrolled as people have said in the past.
ChrisRoberts
14ers: 12 
13ers: 10
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ChrisRoberts »

peter303 wrote:Probably fearful after 9-11 that someone will add a chemical that neutralizes the effect of THC. :lol:
Pretty much.

Seems kinda un-Boulder-like to have a mountainous area closed. What about communal ownership, maaaaaaaaaan?
Some rise, some fall, some climb to get to terrapin
NoCoChris: Now with less Colorado!
DeucesWild
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by DeucesWild »

Shhhhh! You guys better keep it down about your poaching...

There are E-knight shysters around waiting to put a call in to the authorities...a​lthough I'm sure they'd bail you out and represent you if the price were right.
Snowflakes, Uber Alles!

http://www.deuceIRA.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Put the Douche in your FiDeuceiary needs today!!
chrismjx
14ers: 7 
Trip Reports (1)

Post by chrismjx »

peter303 wrote:Probably fearful after 9-11 that someone will add a chemical that neutralizes the effect of THC. :lol:
:lol: =D>
Steve Knapp
14ers: 57 
13ers: 395
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Steve Knapp »

A full moon start on Niwot 2-3 hours before dawn might work, if I were to ever try such a thing. Probably best to finish on Navajo and hike out the standard trail.
Derek
Trip Reports (57)

Post by Derek »

**edited
Last edited by Derek on Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
bj
14ers: 58 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (0)

Post by bj »

Open talk of trespass on the internet can buy you a restraining order. I have a few friends who made that mistake with a local water district and the restraining order cost them several hundred bucks apiece. Be careful!
Just a drinker with a climbing problem..
bob863
Trip Reports (0)

Post by bob863 »

yes, the Boulder Watershed is patrolled...
gone_skiing
Trip Reports (0)

Post by gone_skiing »

Haha,I like the thc neutralizer comment.
Mtn Geek
14ers: 14 
13ers: 22
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Mtn Geek »

bj wrote:Open talk of trespass on the internet can buy you a restraining order. I have a few friends who made that mistake with a local water district and the restraining order cost them several hundred bucks apiece. Be careful!

How do you put a restraining order on somebody who's name online is "49ersrule" with a photo that probably not theirs. If caught it could be hard to prove it's them. Who's to say you caught the wrong or right guy?