I need a quickie...13er....

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
IHikeLikeAGirl
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 329
Trip Reports (6)

Re: I need a quickie...13er....

Post by IHikeLikeAGirl »

Thank you all. Looks like I have plenty to keep me busy before the deep snow falls. Citadel might be beyond my comfort level solo...but maybe if I can talk a partner into calling in sick, that might work too. :)

Have a great weekend...and for those of you trying to track down the gurlz hike, good luck! :)
"Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time."
- Steven Wright
mtgirl
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 104
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mtgirl »

Keep me in mind for a partner, Valerie. I might not be able to help you out with a "quickie" though.... :)

Antora/Aetna perhaps ??
"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."
FireOnTheMountain
14ers: 53  1  23 
13ers: 269 29
Trip Reports (23)

Post by FireOnTheMountain »

Antora and Aetna are a little further than 2 hours from C springs but if you are willing to do that drive, check out Hunts Peaks/Bushnell. Bushnell does have mild class 3 at the top.

I rather enjoyed these peaks. Did them from the west side but I'm almost certain theres a way in from the east (like near Howard, CO). In fact, pretty sure I remember a TR where someone did that.

Don't forget about Little Pikes!!! I need that little guy!!
Everyday is a G r A t E f U L Day here in the ID...?
IHikeLikeAGirl
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 329
Trip Reports (6)

Post by IHikeLikeAGirl »

mtgirl wrote:Keep me in mind for a partner, Valerie. I might not be able to help you out with a "quickie" though.... :)
:lol:

Again, thank you all for the suggestions.
"Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time."
- Steven Wright
MtHurd
14ers: 57  4 
13ers: 29
Trip Reports (0)

Post by MtHurd »

This one meets your criteria as long as the road is open.
Horus
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Horus »

I like SummitPost.
MtHurd
14ers: 57  4 
13ers: 29
Trip Reports (0)

Post by MtHurd »

OneArmSteve wrote:
Horus wrote:I like SummitPost.
Your first post on this site is that you favor another....epic :-"
I thought you said you would be visiting 14ers.com less and less since freaks posted on this site?