Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Climbing near Alma/Leadville this weekend

Colorado 13er questions, conditions, and other info should be posted here. Also includes topics related to 13ers.com. 13er Trip Reports

Climbing near Alma/Leadville this weekend

Postby mtnrunner3165 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:10 pm

Since the weather this weekend (Oct. 19-21) is going to be about perfect, plan to work on knocking some more Centennial 13ers. If you need any of these peaks and care to join me, let me know at gharrington3165@hotmail.com ... I am in Colorado Springs. Here is the plan:

Friday, Oct. 19 leaving at about 9:30 a.m. to Fairplay to climb Horseshoe from Weston Pass, then staying at Alma's Only Hotel on Friday night.
Saturday, Oct. 20 climbing Clinton and Traver out of Montgomery Reservoir Trailhead in Alma, then driving around to Leadville and staying at Leadville Hostel Saturday night.
Sunday, Oct. 21 climbing Dyer and Gemini out of Leadville, then driving home by late afternoon/early evening.

Garry

Re: Climbing near Alma/Leadville this weekend

Postby geojed » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:16 pm

I MIGHT be doing Clinton/Traver and then Silverheels on Saturday.
• It's by getting away from life that we can see it most clearly... It's by depriving ourselves of the myriad of everyday experiences that we renew our appreciation for them...I've learned from my experiences in the mountains that I love life. — Dave Johnston
• Mountains are not climbed merely to reach a geographical location — but as personal and spiritual challenges to the participants. — David Stein
• The best climber in the world is the one who’s having the most fun.— Alex Lowe
• Why do I climb the mountain? Because I'm in love! — The Captain

Postby mtnrunner3165 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:23 pm

If you want to meet up for the Clinton/Traver climb in the morning Saturday let me know. As I said, I plan to stay in Alma Friday night (they have live music!). Already done Silverheels.

Postby denvermikey » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:12 pm

Just did Horseshoe (and Peerless) last Friday. Neat mountain. My son and I will be back Sunday as well to attempt Dyer and Gemini from the upper Iowa Gulch TH. Maybe we'll see you there!
"Every man dies, not every man really lives" - William Wallace
"Because it's there" - George Mallory
"In the end it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years" - Abraham Lincoln
"You only live once but if you do it right, once is enough" - Mae West
"Climb mountains not so the world can see you, but so you can see the world." - Unknown

Postby geojed » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:56 am

Unfortunately, my plan is to do Silverheels first as I would love to watch the sun rising on the Mosquito/Ten Mile from its summit. Our paths might cross when I head to do Clinton.
• It's by getting away from life that we can see it most clearly... It's by depriving ourselves of the myriad of everyday experiences that we renew our appreciation for them...I've learned from my experiences in the mountains that I love life. — Dave Johnston
• Mountains are not climbed merely to reach a geographical location — but as personal and spiritual challenges to the participants. — David Stein
• The best climber in the world is the one who’s having the most fun.— Alex Lowe
• Why do I climb the mountain? Because I'm in love! — The Captain