south river peak conditions

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
cocamper
14ers: 58 
13ers: 237
Trip Reports (0)

south river peak conditions

Post by cocamper »

Does anyone have any report on the conditions around South River Peak? Looking to climb this next weekend. thanks
janna
ChrisinAZ
14ers: 58  14 
13ers: 36
Trip Reports (12)

Re: south river peak conditions

Post by ChrisinAZ »

Per the links on its LoJ page, there's probably minimal to no snow, and good conditions all week; there's a chance of some precipitation this weekend though. As it stands now, you'd probably be fine with microspikes or less.
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."
— Jack Handy

Mah peaks
Furthermore
14ers: 58  58 
13ers: 643
Trip Reports (219)

Re: south river peak conditions

Post by Furthermore »

There is just a very light dusting on those peaks at the moment. I did Rio Grande Pyramid this weekend and there is only a slight dusting of snow on northern aspects. No gators or micro-spikes needed. I should have my report with photos up later today to give you an idea.