Conditions on Rosalie via Deer Creek TH?

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
tdawg012
14ers: 58  1  1 
13ers: 663 6
Trip Reports (0)

Conditions on Rosalie via Deer Creek TH?

Post by tdawg012 »

I was wondering if anyone knows what the conditions are like on the east side of the Mt Evans group and/or the deer creek-Tanglewood creek TH? I read surfnturf's report (11/19) from the other day and saw a picture of Rosalie from Mt Evans summit looking mostly dry. Thanks for any input!
lpyle
14ers: 20  2 
13ers: 26
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Conditions on Rosalie via Deer Creek TH?

Post by lpyle »

I haven't been up in that exact area in last week or two, but I can see Evans and Rosalie from my house, and they are mostly dry. Probably a little bit of snow/ice in the trees.
"I believe that if you set out on an adventure and you're absolutely convinced you are going to be successful, why bother starting?"
- Sir Edmund Hillary
siop
Trip Reports (0)

Post by siop »

I was out running a bunch of nearby trails yesterday, not that exact one, but they were all dry.
"because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing the lawn. climb that goddamn mountain" -jack kerouac

"here is your chance to find your own way. go on your own. be adventuresome. don't forever seek the easiest way. go the way you find. don't demand trail signs and sturdy bridges. don't demand we show you the mountains. see them and find them yourself. here's your chance to get lost, fall in the creek, find a beautiful place." -randy morgenson
tdawg012
14ers: 58  1  1 
13ers: 663 6
Trip Reports (0)

Post by tdawg012 »

Muchas gracias for the info! forecast up there for tomorrow is out of character for this time of year- 40 degrees at 13k! I will take advantage