Sangre TH Updates and Lost Stuff

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Dad Mike
14ers: 58  5  58 
13ers: 349 3 77
Trip Reports (59)

Sangre TH Updates and Lost Stuff

Post by Dad Mike »

MUSIC PASS...Wed, 12/5...road is pretty dry, just a few short sections of thin snow/ice. I had no problem getting all the way to the upper TH with my stock Wrangler.

CORDOVA PASS...Fri, 12/7...same as above, just some light snow sections. No problem getting to the pass from the Cuchara Pass side.

MEDANO LAKE...Sat, 12/8...You can drive to within 3 miles of the Medano Lake TH at 9300'. I think the road number is 859. At that point there is a locked gate that blocks access to Medano Pass and beyond to the TH. Not sure why they locked it. The road is pretty much clear and dry all the way to the TH. This closure adds 6 miles and 1400' to your hike.

If you do end up going down to the Medano Pass Road, can you keep an eye out for a blue tent footprint and a canon digital camera? The winds were nasty on Saturday and when I got back to my car my tent was upside down and the tarp was gone. I looked everywhere, but the wind must have picked it up and took it for a ride. Could be anywhere. And while I was trying to collect my tent...it blew away 3 times while I was trying to put it away...I misplaced my camera. I went back when I realized it was missing, but couldn't find it anywhere.

Thanks...Mike
d_baker
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 348 11
Trip Reports (59)

Re: Sangre TH Updates and Lost Stuff

Post by d_baker »

I think the Sangres likes to keep your stuff. sorry man. looking forward to Tuesday.
zdero1
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 85 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by zdero1 »

Any updates from Rainbow TH/S. Colony Lakes?
Corn
14ers: 31  4 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Corn »

Just up there today. Most of the road is packed snow. I had no problems making it all the way to the trail head with my stock jeep. By the time I was leaving, it was snowing though.