Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Photo of Longs from MLW

Colorado 13er questions, conditions, and other info should be posted here. Also includes topics related to 13ers.com. 13er Trip Reports

Photo of Longs from MLW

Postby blade73 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:17 pm

Does anyone have a good clear photo of Longs Peak from Mt. Lady Washington that shows everything from the Loft to the Keyhole? Could I use it in a book? I'd give credit for the shot. Send to tztxdad@gmail.com, thanks.

Thanks for the offerings. If I get multiple pictures I might be able to stitch them together. I'm still looking for the right shot.

The book is "Fate Worse Than Death" by David Holsworth. I'm helping Dave, who is adding several chapters for a second edition.
Last edited by blade73 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Photo of Longs from MLW

Postby iholdthepain » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:00 pm

If you upload it or link to it, I'll sincerely thank you and then use it as my laptop background :-)

Postby Brian C » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:22 pm

Lady Washington is awefully close to get a shot from the Loft to the Keyhole without doing a pano. Most normal shots look like this...
longs.jpg
longs.jpg (85.75 KiB) Viewed 717 times
Brian in the Wild
Lists of John
"Nature never did betray the heart that loved her." - Wordsworth

Postby Monster5 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:02 pm

Yeah a pano or wider lens at least. I caught it around sunset, which isn't ideal for that aspect.

"The road to alpine climbing is pocked and poorly marked, ending at an unexpectedly closed gate 5 miles from the trailhead." - MP user Beckerich

Postby kimo » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:18 pm

18mm on a crop-sensor body nearly makes it. The Keyhole is just out of sight and the top of the Loft is almost visible. A wider lens could get it all in.

_DSC9363_l.jpg
_DSC9363_l.jpg (318.98 KiB) Viewed 603 times

OP - what is the title and subject of your book? When will your book be published? If that image works and you want a hi-res version suitable for printing, send me a PM with your name, contact info, and some details about your book.