If I had the time and money... dude's got it good

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
GeorgiaTyler
14ers: 22 
13ers: 22
Trip Reports (0)

If I had the time and money... dude's got it good

Post by GeorgiaTyler »

http://unofficialnetworks.com/skiing-ce ... rt-124780/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sevenvii
14ers: 44  1 
13ers: 73
Trip Reports (2)

Re: If I had the time and money... dude's got it good

Post by sevenvii »

Nice video. Will be very interesting to see the lines they choose on some of the class 5 stuff in the San Juans.
Somewhat of a Prick
14ers: 58  7 
13ers: 84
Trip Reports (17)

Post by Somewhat of a Prick »

sevenvii wrote:Nice video. Will be very interesting to see the lines they choose on some of the class 5 stuff in the San Juans.
Is he going to drop in off the top of the Spire? :wft:
TomPierce
Trip Reports (2)

Post by TomPierce »

Pretty cool to see this, and also to look over his completed list. He's made a lot of progress towards completion, impressive.
-Tom
Jim Davies
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 67
Trip Reports (5)

Post by Jim Davies »

Somewhat of a Prick wrote:Is he going to drop in off the top of the Spire? :wft:
Nope, not ranked. You can see their list here. Jagged and Dallas are probably the biggest challenges; I assume they'll be rappelling off the summits of those two.
Climbing at altitude is like hitting your head against a brick wall — it's great when you stop. -- Chris Darwin
I'm pretty tired. I think I'll go home now. -- Forrest Gump
rking007
14ers: 13  1 
13ers: 19 2
Trip Reports (7)

Post by rking007 »

Did anyone see Warren Miller's Flow State last year? There is an entire section with him and a few others heli-skiing in the San Juans. Wonder if he'll count anything from that on his list or if is going to climb and then ski.
- Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.
rking007
14ers: 13  1 
13ers: 19 2
Trip Reports (7)

Post by rking007 »

Here's a few screen grabs from Flow State. Anyone recognize any of these San Juan peaks?

- Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.
sevenvii
14ers: 44  1 
13ers: 73
Trip Reports (2)

Post by sevenvii »

Jim Davies wrote:
Somewhat of a Prick wrote:Is he going to drop in off the top of the Spire? :wft:
Nope, not ranked. You can see their list here. Jagged and Dallas are probably the biggest challenges; I assume they'll be rappelling off the summits of those two.
Yep, I was referring to Jagged, Dallas, and Teakettle. I havent done those particular peaks, but I see they did rap Teakettle.
benners
14ers: 58  51  21 
13ers: 559 84 26
Trip Reports (110)

Post by benners »

It would be more or less impossible to ski off the summit of Teakettle or even huck it. There'd be no way to get a run at it so you'd literally have to just hop off the top and the only terrain feasible for a landing is more or less flat ground 35 feet below. I can't see them skiing off the summits of Jagged or Dallas either. I have a feeling at least those 3 will go down as the "Sunlights and Wetterhorns" of the Centennial ski project. Still cool to ski from below the class 5 sections though. Beats hiking down!