Silverheels West Ridge - skiable?

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
mlayman09
14ers: 44  3 
13ers: 48 1 2
Trip Reports (16)

Silverheels West Ridge - skiable?

Post by mlayman09 »

Just wondering if Mt. Silverheels's western slopes are skiable right now. If not, I'll ski the north face but would rather not have to trek out of the basin afterwards :-D
k-berger
14ers: 20  4 
13ers: 30 8 2
Trip Reports (3)

Re: Silverheels West Ridge - skiable?

Post by k-berger »

Was up there a few weeks ago and skied the north face. It was pretty windblown on Silverheels and the west face did not appear skiable. Let me know if you want photos or more detail and can update tomorrow
mlayman09
14ers: 44  3 
13ers: 48 1 2
Trip Reports (16)

Post by mlayman09 »

I'd love to see some photos, thanks!
jbchalk
14ers: 58 
Trip Reports (54)

Post by jbchalk »

From this past Saturday looking at Silverheels north face from Hoosier Ridge. Seriously doubt the west ridge (right skyline) is skiable.
IMG_0958.JPG
IMG_0958.JPG (151.1 KiB) Viewed 723 times
k-berger
14ers: 20  4 
13ers: 30 8 2
Trip Reports (3)

Post by k-berger »

Yep, that picture pretty much sums it up. We skied one of the far right gullys closer to the western slopes.