Mt Meeker - Knife Edge Crossing

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Valesia
14ers: 37 
13ers: 6
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Mt Meeker - Knife Edge Crossing

Post by Valesia »

geojed wrote:I described it a little and there is a decent picture in my TR. http://14ers.com/php14ers/tripreport.php?trip=13250" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So you when left onto it (south) I seen people go both left and right. hmm Ill have to see what way looks better when I get there
Life does not come with cairns to guide you, you must follow your dreams.
unclegar
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 27
Trip Reports (9)

Post by unclegar »

Here is a TR that might help:

http://www.14ers.com/php14ers/triprepor ... ki=Include

Assuming you are going from gates to Meeker, pic 33 shows getting on edge, pic 18 I'm walking across the edge, pic 20 I'm getting off. Looks like I went right initially then between the boulders, but you will just need to select the side with the best holds available while still staying pretty much on the ridge to the summit of Meeker and beyond. There is good exposure on both sides. The pic #'s are not in order I think because mtnhub added some of the pics to his report later. Just mouse over the pic and you will see the pic #'s. Hope that helps.
IMG_0627w line.jpg
IMG_0627w line.jpg (82.18 KiB) Viewed 1927 times
...the mountain peaks belong to Him. -- PS 95:4

“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.”
― Charles M. Schulz
HuskyRunner
14ers: 22  1 
13ers: 25
Trip Reports (1)

Post by HuskyRunner »

Here's a link to a set on Flickr. From my recollection I crossed from one side of the ridge to the other but didn't think any of it was all that difficult, certainly not forgiving if you slipped in the wrong spot but not hard either.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/thecranky ... 026101118/
"I made up my mind not to care so much about the destination, and simply enjoy the journey." David Archuleta
"And if they get out there they see, son of a bitch, this is a beautiful planet." Jim Whittaker
Valesia
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Valesia »

[quote="unclegar"]Here is a TR that might help:

That is VERY helpful. and thanks for the image!
Kiefer
14ers: 58  39 
13ers: 317 24
Trip Reports (20)

Post by Kiefer »

Valesia,
Here's a couple shots I took when I was up there. I linked them instead of attaching them
due to file size limits. This way, you can get the whole image.
* Middle of Ridge
* Near the end

We went up Iron Gates (May/June) expecting a snow climb, it had already melted out.
The couloir is pretty loose and junky until you top out on the ridge.
Valesia
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Valesia »

Kiefer wrote:Valesia,
Here's a couple shots I took when I was up there. I linked them instead of attaching them
due to file size limits. This way, you can get the whole image.
* Middle of Ridge
* Near the end

We went up Iron Gates (May/June) expecting a snow climb, it had already melted out.
The couloir is pretty loose and junky until you top out on the ridge.

That is very helpful and those pics rock!