Gore Range

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
westandy
14ers: 58 
13ers: 113
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Gore Range

Post by westandy »

Goreskier,

I definitely understand your reservations and appreciate them. I'm not trying to get more people here, I'm just trying to gain some knowledge from folks like yourself from which I can use when I get my own ass out there. (Standing on the shoulders of giants as Newton once said... :)

I really appreciate this comment: "Hey man, definitely get on top of Q. One of the best in my opinion. Powell is a good one too, especially if you bring skis. The hourglass gulley and the west face offer some excellent ski options." That's mainly what I'm looking for is a suggested place to start from folks who have enjoyed the Gores.

Maps, routefinding, etc. I got. Besides some peak suggestions, I'm always looking for a good peeps to climb/ski with. Otherwise, I'm just out there by myself.

Thanks again!
12ersRule
13ers: 157
Trip Reports (4)

Post by 12ersRule »

Every time this thread gets bumped, 2 more people visit the Gores.
Shaolin
14ers: 6 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Shaolin »

12ersRule wrote:Every time this thread gets bumped, 2 more people visit the Gores.
LOL. Not true at all.
bigredmachine
13ers: 34
Trip Reports (1)

Post by bigredmachine »

12ersRule wrote:Every time this thread gets bumped, 2 more people visit the Gores.
BUMP
bdwyer
13ers: 640
Trip Reports (0)

Post by bdwyer »

The Gores are close to Denver Metro and unique. The K book is a must. I have three ranked ones left, and repeat the ones I've done, alone and with company. Be sure to go there. All are long and most have some difficulties and route finding issues.