West Needle from Twilight creek

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
GeorgiaTyler
14ers: 22 
13ers: 22
Trip Reports (0)

West Needle from Twilight creek

Post by GeorgiaTyler »

My buddy and I are going to knock off the twlights this coming week and we were thinking about heading strait up twilight creek from lime creek to the west needle basin. We are trying to avoid that brutal hike to crater and we have already summited N. Twilight. Has anyone have any beta on this route? Would be sweet. Thx
Climb up Pints down
EatinHardtack
14ers: 42  20  3 
13ers: 79 32 2
Trip Reports (8)

Re: West Needle from Twilight creek

Post by EatinHardtack »

I don't have any beta for you but West Needle has a nice line that I'd like to ski one day. Would love to thread the needle on that line if you know what I mean.....

http://www.13ers.com/peaks/userpics/large/7060.jpg
"In our youths our hearts were touched with fire" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
GeorgiaTyler
14ers: 22 
13ers: 22
Trip Reports (0)

Re: West Needle from Twilight creek

Post by GeorgiaTyler »

Yeah that's our intended couloir, not going to ski it but the fly rod will be coming along for some of those lakes and creeks. A heli might be nice for lugging the skis back there, it's quite the approach..
Climb up Pints down