Recent report on Rio Grande river crossing to Beartown?

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
14ersKen
14ers: 58 
13ers: 666
Trip Reports (0)

Recent report on Rio Grande river crossing to Beartown?

Post by 14ersKen »

Does anyone have a recent report on the Rio Grande river crossing to get to Beartown/Kite lake in the Northeast Weminuche wilderness area in the San Juan mountains?

Thanks in advance!

I am looking at driving and hiking in this area from about 18-28 July to bag many 13ers Is anyone else maybe interested as well?

Ken
SkiBikeClimb99
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Recent report on Rio Grande river crossing to Beartown?

Post by SkiBikeClimb99 »

I don't know about that river crossing specifically, but I was backpacking over Hunchback Pass on the 3rd and there were at least 2-3 stock Jeeps in the Beartown area. Kite Lake was very accessible.

Here's a photo of the basin. https://picasaweb.google.com/1006774061 ... 1526094658" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;