Grenadiers

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
tlmrk
14ers: 54 
13ers: 66
Trip Reports (0)

Grenadiers

Post by tlmrk »

I was wondering how the monsoon was going in the Grenadiers and if it's letting up. My partner and I are bailing/delaying going to the wind river range due to the weather this week. Aside from going to the eastern sierra or British Columbia, this would be a lot closer on a short notice.
geojed
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 138 13
Trip Reports (29)

Re: Grenadiers

Post by geojed »

tlmrk wrote:I was wondering how the monsoon was going in the Grenadiers and if it's letting up. My partner and I are bailing/delaying going to the wind river range due to the weather this week. Aside from going to the eastern sierra or British Columbia, this would be a lot closer on a short notice.
Looks like it, see for yourself http://14ers.com/php14ers/weather.php?p ... -107.60281" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
• It's by getting away from life that we can see it most clearly... It's by depriving ourselves of the myriad of everyday experiences that we renew our appreciation for them...I've learned from my experiences in the mountains that I love life. — Dave Johnston
• Mountains are not climbed merely to reach a geographical location — but as personal and spiritual challenges to the participants. — David Stein
tlmrk
14ers: 54 
13ers: 66
Trip Reports (0)

Post by tlmrk »

Thanks, I saw that. Looks like a window to get in a few peaks. Some friends were in there last week and got shut down.
Double Oh Seven
14ers: 19 
13ers: 23 1
Trip Reports (5)

Post by Double Oh Seven »

While not in grenadiers i was in la platas and other san juan mtns last week. Despite all the monsoon talk i would say that most days i had a window of dry weather from 430 to at least 1030 if not a little longer. Only one day was a total wash out
OscarMayerSweener
14ers: 39 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (1)

Post by OscarMayerSweener »

Did Vestal a weekend ago. While it rained every day we did have a good window to hit the summit. It was a freak accident of nature that we made the window, as I got to the grassy ledge before I realized our rope was still in the tent. A quick 45-minute trail run later I thought we were doomed when a T-storm rolled over Arrow. Lucky us it just missed us. But i digress. Follow the standard "up at the ass-crack of dawn" procedures and you should be able to hit the window.