Recent Pics: Dallas Divide?

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
TomPierce
Trip Reports (2)

Recent Pics: Dallas Divide?

Post by TomPierce »

Does anyone have any recent pictures of the Dallas Divide area, specifically around the Blue Lakes road, or better yet any visits in there and a sense of the snow pack in that area above treeline? I'm thinking of heading in there in about 10 days (I know, I know…everything could change by then) and was wondering how the snowpack looks now, i.e. a blanket of snow, or windblown ribs of talus poking out? Just wondering, many thanks.

-Tom
FireOnTheMountain
14ers: 53  1  23 
13ers: 269 29
Trip Reports (23)

Re: Recent Pics: Dallas Divide?

Post by FireOnTheMountain »

Heres what I got Tom. Taken on 11/29 and 11/30. Some idea I suppose. Dbakers recent TR will help some too.
Attachments
S Face Block Tops
S Face Block Tops
2.jpg (148.17 KiB) Viewed 1012 times
West Flanks o Dallas taken from Campbells S Ridge
West Flanks o Dallas taken from Campbells S Ridge
1.jpg (98.5 KiB) Viewed 1012 times
Everyday is a G r A t E f U L Day here in the ID...?
TomPierce
Trip Reports (2)

Post by TomPierce »

Many thanks, Fire. They are helpful, esp the second one. Thanks again,
-Tom
d_baker
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 348 11
Trip Reports (59)

Post by d_baker »

Tom, the E/SE aspects on the W side of Red Mtn Pass felt pretty stable on the two outings I had there this past week. There was a few inches of crusted slough on top of firm slab, but from what I saw from skier's tracks on steeper slopes, the slough didn't seem to cause problems (i.e., nothing other than the slough slid).

Under the conditions tab, I posted a picture of Dallas from the summit of 13,510'. Kind of far away though.
TomPierce
Trip Reports (2)

Post by TomPierce »

Thanks, Darin. I took a closer look at your recent TR (nice one, btw…) and the snow sure looks lean on the south-facing approaches in that area. Choices, choices…Thanks again,
-Tom
yorksman
14ers: 13 
13ers: 7
Trip Reports (0)

Post by yorksman »

Most up to date thing you can find on the web is the Ridgway Cam