Indian Peaks updates?

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
randalmartin
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 48 2
Trip Reports (13)

Re: Indian Peaks updates?

Post by randalmartin »

emgordon wrote:Yeah, should be wet and melt quick.
I wouldn't count on that with the volume of snow this storm is producing.
ak47
14ers: 44 
13ers: 14
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ak47 »

Really tough trail breaking in the indian peaks yesterday. Knee deep ski penetration. at least 45" of new snow as of this morning and it's still snowing! Currently above average snowpack for sure. Couloir season is going to be awesome!
emgordon
14ers: 28 
13ers: 8
Trip Reports (3)

Post by emgordon »

Mind if I ask where? I was planning to check out the powder below St Vrain today but my buddy wasn't feeling well. Can't wait to get out after the danger settles down.
Last edited by emgordon on Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C-Shepguy
14ers: 19  2 
13ers: 44 1
Trip Reports (2)

Post by C-Shepguy »

Hey, if anyone is up there in the next day or two, let me know if the road from the gate to brainard lake is somewhat snow-free. I know it have at least have some sections of snow....but I've got a couple flatlander friends visiting and would like to bring them somewhere for an easy walk with mountain views.
SikYou
14ers: 24 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (0)

Post by SikYou »

C-Shepguy wrote:Hey, if anyone is up there in the next day or two, let me know if the road from the gate to brainard lake is somewhat snow-free. I know it have at least have some sections of snow....but I've got a couple flatlander friends visiting and would like to bring them somewhere for an easy walk with mountain views.
Heading up Saturday morning, I'll post conditions if it hasn't been done by then. I can guess that the road is buried, 40+ inches sticks around for a bit.
I'm slower than Scott P.