Herman Gulch/Pettingell

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
AlexeyD
14ers: 44  4  2 
Trip Reports (3)

Herman Gulch/Pettingell

Post by AlexeyD »

Any recent info on this area? Looking into a possible ski tour early Sunday.

Thanks!

AD
daveb
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Herman Gulch/Pettingell

Post by daveb »

Just up dry gulch right next door today. That was all skiable.
BKS
14ers: 58  5  1 
13ers: 54 7 3
Trip Reports (3)

Post by BKS »

I was up the trail today. Its thin. Hiked out with skis on my back. Chutes above treeline aren't continuous. Probably could find a somewhat decent line.
SolarAlex
14ers: 35  13  5 
13ers: 92 23 5
Trip Reports (21)

Post by SolarAlex »

how does that gully that comes down towards the highway look? like when your driving from the tunnel, its really prominent, kind of turns up to the left?
Vincit Qui Patitur
AlexeyD
Trip Reports (3)

Post by AlexeyD »

BKS wrote:I was up the trail today. Its thin. Hiked out with skis on my back. Chutes above treeline aren't continuous. Probably could find a somewhat decent line.
Wow...glad I got scared off by the forecast and didn't end up going! Surprised about the lack of snow cover in the trees. Loveland (only a couple miles away) is still reporting over 5 feet at mid-mountain.

Anyway, thanks for the info.
AlexeyD
Trip Reports (3)

Post by AlexeyD »

SolarAlex wrote:how does that gully that comes down towards the highway look? like when your driving from the tunnel, its really prominent, kind of turns up to the left?
Are you talking about the big slide path on Mt. Bethel?