Snow in Sayres BM Couloirs?

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Grover
14ers: 58  10  3 
13ers: 143 9
Trip Reports (0)

Snow in Sayres BM Couloirs?

Post by Grover »

Has anyone seen or can anyone speak to the current conditions of the Grand Central Couloir on Sayres Benchmark? Is there still snow from the apron up to the summit? Anyone on La Plata today with a view of it? Thanks for your help.
-Grover
brerrabbit
14ers: 57  45 
13ers: 189 8
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Snow in Sayres BM Couloirs?

Post by brerrabbit »

I did the Refrigerator Couloir on Ice Mtn on Wednesday and there was still plenty of snow left in that basin which is near Sayres so I'd imagine there's still plenty of snow but I have not seen the basin first-hand.
jmc5040
14ers: 58  38  1 
13ers: 30 4 1
Trip Reports (3)

Re: Snow in Sayres BM Couloirs?

Post by jmc5040 »

Taken 2 days ago.
Attachments
20160615_074914_crop_597x597.jpg
20160615_074914_crop_597x597.jpg (338.94 KiB) Viewed 236 times
"My senses become heightened and the stresses of life fade with each step I take further from civilization. When I'm in the wilderness my brain and body work seamlessly together to do their finest work - a single flowing track down one of natures high peaks." - Jeremy Jones

http://berthoudpass.org/