Doggler Finished 100.

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Sean Nunn
14ers: 35 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Doggler Finished 100.

Post by Sean Nunn »

Outstanding job!!! You have a great first name as well. Haven't seen you on here for a while; I guess you have been cliimbing/hiking instead of putting forth mindless posts like me. Great choice.
"Thy righteousness is like the great mountains."
Psalm 36:6
unclegar
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 27
Trip Reports (9)

Post by unclegar »

Congrats! =D> Huge accomplishment!
...the mountain peaks belong to Him. -- PS 95:4

“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.”
― Charles M. Schulz
USAKeller
14ers: 58  24  24 
13ers: 169 3 7
Trip Reports (46)

Post by USAKeller »

Awesome job, Sean!
fakejox
14ers: 58  2  13 
13ers: 43 1 4
Trip Reports (0)

Post by fakejox »

Huge congrats to you Sean, and thanks so much for having me along on many of those peaks. I truly have you to credit for my love of this sport. Can’t wait to hear what’s next in store!
"The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart." -- Camus
falcon568
14ers: 58  10 
13ers: 7
Trip Reports (3)

Post by falcon568 »

Nice work, Sean!
"Of course, inside each one of us is the ambition to reach the summit, to realize that you are stronger than obstacles, that it is within your power to do something uncommon and indeed impossible for most people. But one must be prepared to face those obstacles..."-Ed Viesturs

"When I was a child, I felt there was something I had to find before I died. I imagined it as some lost, golden country, glittering on the other side of the mist across our neighbor's fields, hidden within the shadows behind our stone wall—some place beyond the fixed patterns of society, the grey chronology that led inexorably to death. In my twenties, on my first free solo, the light seemed to shatter through me, and the sky pour down the rock. Like so many climbers, immersed in that sudden, radiant awareness of now, I've had that brief and total conviction that each moment is both fleeting and eternal"-Katie Ives
globreal
14ers: 58  1  26 
13ers: 198 2 6
Trip Reports (61)

Post by globreal »

Congratulations Sean! =D> =D> =D>
Way to finally get this mission accomplished. \:D/

Some of the greatest peaks this state has to offer are those 13er Cents and yet so many people never get past the 14er list. They don't know what they are missing do they? Glad to have been with you on a few of these.
Climb on!
Dobsons
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 317 1 11
Trip Reports (5)

Post by Dobsons »

Sean,

Awesome job man! I remember for a while I was way ahead of you, however you stormed ahead of me to the finish. Well done! I still think our Cathedral day was one of my better days in the mountains. Thanks for allowing me to join. Time to do the Bicentennials in the Gorilla suit?!? Hopefully next time I see you, I will know it's you rather then some random gorilla and we can catch up a bit. I know you had considered doing them all without aid of a rope. Where you able to pull that off or did you bust out the rope on a few of them? Hope all is well!

Corey
doggler
14ers: 57  8 
13ers: 162 7
Trip Reports (25)

Post by doggler »

Sheepishly, I must admit I didn't even know this thread existed until I stumbled back in here today.

Thanks all for the kind words. Fortune has been on my side; not only have I returned safely from every one of my excursions, but I've had the pleasure of sharing my adventures with some truly incredible people.

Some of my fondest memories have occurred on the way up, on top of, and down these great Colorado peaks. I wish I could put in words the memories I've experienced along the way.

Obligatory 5 favorite peaks:
1)Vestal (Wham)
2)Dallas
3)Jagged
4)Crestone Needle
5)Capitol

As for my absence from the boards. Probably a combination of factors. I'm passively working on the Bicentennials. As a runner, I've been hobbled a bit over the past few years. Last summer, I had the opportunity to thru-hike the Colorado Trail; that definitely put a damper on the peakbagging. New job has also kept me a bit more pinned to the Front Range on the weekends. Regardless, I look forward to another 100, 200, ??? more peaks, more stories, and more friends to be made on the mountains. Cheers!
globreal
14ers: 58  1  26 
13ers: 198 2 6
Trip Reports (61)

Post by globreal »

Climb on my friend. Glad to have shared some of those experiences with you and willing to do some more with you.
giarcd
14ers: 22 
13ers: 8
Trip Reports (15)

Post by giarcd »

Right on Sean---congrats amigo
MonGoose
14ers: 58  16  17 
13ers: 51 11 1
Trip Reports (16)